This topic describes the overview, examples, and deletion of a horizontal bar chart.
A horizontal bar chart shows comparisons between categories. You can use a horizontal bar chart to visualize data changes over a period of time or comparisons between categories. For example, you can show the working progress of employees in a project group.
Similar to a line chart, a horizontal bar chart is based on the category axis and the value axis.
Scenario: compares the shipping costs of products in multiple cities.
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click Datasets to go to the Datasets page.
- Click the Create Dashboard icon on the right side of the company_sales_record dataset.
Note If you use Quick BI Enterprise Standard, you need to choose Standard or Full Screen as the dashboard display mode. The following example uses the Standard display mode.
- Click the Horizontal Bar Chart icon and an empty chart appears on the dashboard.
- On the Dimensions list, locate the city field and add it to the Filters section.
Municipalities are filtered from cities by using the filter as shown in the following figure.
- Click the Filter icon and select Filter by Value in the dialog box that appears.
- Select four municipalities from the list or enter four municipality names manually
and click OK as shown in the following figure.
- Add the city and product_type fields to the Category Axis (Dimensions) section in sequence.
Note Make sure that you have converted the dimension type of the city field from String to Geo.
- On the Measures list, locate the shipping_cost field and add it to the Value Axis (Measures) section.
- Add the product_type field to the Color Legend (Dimensions) section.
Note You can add dimensions to the Color Legend (Dimensions) section when only one measure is added to the Value Axis (Measures) section. Otherwise, you are not allowed to add dimensions to the Color Legend (Dimensions) section.
- Click Update and the chart is updated.
- On the Style tab page, you can configure the basic information, chart type, axes, functionality,
and series settings.
- Click Save to save the dashboard.
Configure the style
- In the Basic Information section, you can configure the title, hyperlink, and background
color. This example uses Dark as the background color.
- To jump to a report or an external page, select Show Hyperlink and enter a name and address.
- In the Basic Information section, you can change the chart type to a stacked horizontal bar chart or 100% stacked horizontal bar chart.
- In the Chart Type section, you can configure labels, alignment, legend position, dual y-axis, and chart type (stacked horizontal bar chart and 100% stacked horizontal bar chart). This example uses Stacked.
- In the Axes section, you can configure axis titles and units. This example uses Show Scale for the bottom axis.
- In the Functionality section, you can configure whether to show a scroll bar and the display mode.
- In the Series Settings section, you can set measures' aliases, boundary values, and data display formats.
Click Update and the chart is updated.
Delete a chart
To delete a chart, move the pointer over the upper-right corner of a chart, click the More Actions icon that appears, and select Delete from the drop-down list.