You can attach an ENI to an instance.
This topic describes how to attach an ENI to an instance in the ECS console.
To attach an ENI to an instance, you have the following limits:
- You can only attach a secondary ENI to an instance.
- The ENI must be in the Available status.
- The instance must be in the Stopped or Running status.
- You can only attach an ENI to a VPC-Connected ECS instance, and they must be in the same VPC.
- The VSwitches of the ENI and the instance can be different, but they must be in the same zone.
- An ENI can be attached to an I/O optimized ECS instance only.
- An ENI can only be attached to one VPC-Connected ECS instance at a time. However, a VPC-Connected ECS instance can be associated with multiple ENIs. For more information about the maximum number of ENIs that can be attached to one instance, see instance type families.
Before you attach an ENI to an instance, finish the following operations:
To attach an ENI to an instance, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select .
- Select a region.
- Find an available ENI, and in the Actions column, click Bind to Instance.
- In the Bind to Instance dialog box, after selecting an instance, click OK.
In the Network Interfaces page, refresh the table. When the selected ENI is in the Bound status, it is successfully attached to the instance.
What to do next
After an ENI is attached to an instance, you can: