Application Real-Time Monitoring Service (ARMS) is an application performance management (APM) solution from Alibaba Cloud. With ARMS, you can quickly and conveniently build business monitoring capabilities with few-second response times for businesses and enterprises based on the browser, applications, and other custom business dimensions.
The following figure shows the ARMS workflow:
Each module is described as follows:
- Data collection: ARMS supports capturing logs from ECS log, MQ, and Loghub through configuration.
- Job definition:
- Define real-time processing, data storage, presentation and analysis, data API, alarms, and other jobs by means of job configuration, to define your own application scenarios. Or
- Directly perform business monitoring with ARMS preset scenarios, such as browser monitoring and application monitoring.
- Application scenario: In addition to custom monitoring, ARMS also provides ready-to-use preset monitoring scenarios, including browser monitoring and application monitoring.
With ARMS, IT engineers can build and start big data platform-based real-time service monitoring system in a few minutes, which maximizes the timeliness of data monitoring and improves the efficiency of IT engineers.
- Highly tailored business monitoring: You can create real-time monitoring alarms and dashboards based on business characteristics and requirements. Business scenarios include the E-commerce scenario, logistics scenario, and airlines and tour scenarios.
- Browser experience monitoring: ARMS can reflect the performance and errors of pages you visited by region, channel, link, or other dimensions.
- Application performance and exception monitoring: the application performance management (APM) capabilities to monitor performance exceptions and query invocation trace.
- Central alarm and report platform: Custom monitoring, browser monitoring, and application monitoring are integrated on a central alarm and report platform.
The following figure shows the typical use cases of ARMS:
With the ARMS Learning Path, you can quickly get to know how to use the Application Monitoring, Browser Monitoring, Custom Monitoring, and Dashboards and Alarms, and how to meet your specific needs with a range of APIs and SDKs.