LogHub supports a variety of RESTful APIs that provide different log collection methods, for example, log collection through one or more clients, websites, protocols, SDKs, and APIs.
|Access logs||Logtail||Analysis - Nginx access logs|
|Link track||Jaeger Collector and Logtail||-|
|Programming language||Java||SDK and Java Producer Library||-|
|Log4J Appender||1.x and 2.x||-|
|Python Logging||Python Logging Handler||-|
|Docker files||Logtail file collection||-|
|Docker output||Logtail container stdout||-|
|Mobile client||iOS/Android||iOS SDK and Android SDK||-|
|Intelligent IoT||C Producer Library||-|
|Cloud product||Various products, such as ECS and OSS
For more information, see Cloud product logs
|Cloud product console||Cloud product logs|
The following table lists the cloud products from which Log Service can collect logs:
|Type||Cloud product name||Activation method||Details|
|Elastic computing||Elastic Compute Service (ECS)||Through Logtail installation||Logtail introduction|
|Container Service/Container Service for Kubernetes||Through the Container Service console||Text logs and stdout|
|Storage||Object Storage Service (OSS)||Through the OSS console||OSS access logs|
|Network||Server Load Balancer (SLB)||Through the SLB console||Access logs of Layer-7 SLB|
|Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)||Through the VPC console||Flow logs|
|API Gateway||Through the API Gateway console||API Gateway access logs|
|Security||ActionTrail||Through the ActionTrail console||ActionTrail overview|
|DDoS Protection||Through the DDoS Protection console||DDOS Protection overview|
|Threat Detection Service||Purchase Threat Detection Service Enterprise Edition and activate the service in the Threat Detection Service console.||Log retrieval|
|Anti-Bot Service||Through the Anti-Bot Service console||Anti-Bot Service logs|
|Application||Log Service (LOG)||Through the Log Service console||Log Service overview|
Network and access point selection
Log Service provides service endpoints in each region, and the following types of network access methods are supported:
- (Recommended) Intranet (classic networks) and private networks (VPCs): are applicable to regions with smooth service access and high-quality bandwidth links.
- Internet (classic networks): can be used without any limits. The access speed depends on the link quality. HTTPS is recommended to maintain access security.
- Q: Which type of network applies to physical connections?
A: Intranet/private networks
- Q: Can Internet IP addresses be collected during Internet data collection?
A: Yes. You can follow the instructions provided in Manage a Logstore and enable the Internet IP address recording function.
- Q: Which type of network can I use if I want to collect logs from an ECS server located in region A and send them to a project on a Log Service server located in region B?
A: Use the Internet to transfer logs after install the Internet-version Logtail on the ECS server. As for other scenarios, follow the instructions provided in Select a network type.
- Q: How can I determine whether access is established successfully?
A: Access is established successfully if information is returned after you run the following command:
In this command,
$myprojectindicates the project name, and
cn-hangzhou.log.aliuncs.comindicates the access point.