Data Transmission Service (DTS) provides a simple and easy-to-use data synchronization feature. You only need to perform simple operations in the DTS console to configure the entire synchronization task.
This topic only provides a general procedure for configuring a data synchronization task. However, the procedure will vary according to the data source. For more information about how to configure synchronization tasks for specific data sources, see Overview of data synchronization scenarios.
If the type of the source database is MySQL, you must enable binary logging for the source database. For more information, see Create an account for a user-created MySQL database and configure binary logging.
- Create a data synchronization task by specifying information such as the database type of the source database instance and destination database instance, and region. For more information, see Purchase procedure.
- Log on to the DTS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Data Synchronization.
- At the top of the Synchronization Tasks page, select the region where the destination instance resides.
- Find the created data synchronization task and click Configure Synchronization Channel.
- Specify details about the source instance and destination instance that are used for data synchronization.
- Click Set Whitelist and Next.
Note If the source instance or destination instance is an Alibaba Cloud instance, the IP address of the DTS server is automatically added to the whitelist. This ensures that the DTS server can connect to the instance.
- Configure the synchronization policy and specify objects to be synchronized. Click Next.
- Configure the settings for the initial synchronization.
- Click Precheck in the lower-right corner.
- A precheck is performed before the synchronization task starts. The synchronization task only starts after the precheck succeeds.
- If the precheck fails, click the icon next to each failed check item to view the related details. Fix the issues as instructed and run the precheck again.
- If the Precheck dialog box displays The precheck is passed, close the Precheck dialog box. Then, the synchronization task is started.
- Wait until the initial synchronization is complete and the synchronization task is
in the Synchronizing state.
You can view the synchronization status on the Data Synchronization page.