IoT Platform provides capabilities such as device connection, device management, and rules engine to empower developers in various IoT scenarios and industries.
IoT Platform allows you to connect a large number of devices to the cloud. Devices communicate with IoT Platform in a stable and reliable manner by using IoT Hub.
- Device development: provides device SDKs to connect different devices to IoT Platform.
- Provides access solutions for NB-IoT, cellular (2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G), Wi-Fi, LoRaWAN devices. This allows enterprises to connect devices from heterogeneous networks.
- Provides device SDKs that support various protocols, such as MQTT, CoAP, HTTP, and HTTPS. The SDKs can meet the real-time requirement of persistent connections and low-power requirement of transient connections.
- Supports various open source programming languages and provides guides for code porting across platforms. This allows enterprises to connect devices from various platforms to IoT Platform.
IoT Platform provides the following features that allow you to manage the lifecycle of devices: device registration, feature definition, data parsing,Online debugging, remote configuration, OTA update, real-time monitoring, device grouping, and device deletion.
IoT Platform also provides the following features:
- Provides Thing Specification Language (TSL) to simplify application development.
- Pushes notifications when the status of a device changes.
- Provides data storage capabilities that allow you to read and write a large amount of device data in real time.
- Supports the remote update of devices based on the over-the-air (OTA) technology.
- Provides the device shadow feature to decouple devices and applications in unstable wireless network conditions.
IoT Platform provides multiple protections to effectively secure devices and data in the cloud.
- Identity authentication
- Provides a chip-level secure storage solution (ID²) and a device key management mechanism to prevent device keys from being cracked. Security level: high.
- Provides the unique-certificate-per-device authentication mechanism to reduce security risks. This mechanism is applicable if a device certificate including ProductKey, DeviceName, and DeviceSecret can be burned to the chip of each device. Security level: high.
- Provides the unique-certificate-per-product authentication mechanism. A device is burned with a product certificate including ProductKey and ProductSecret. Then, the device dynamically obtains a device certificate including ProductKey, DeviceName, and DeviceSecret during authentication. This mechanism is applicable to the scenario if a device certificate cannot be burned to each device during mass production. Security level: medium.
- Communication security
- Supports MQTT or HTTPS-based TLS encryption and CoAP-based DTLS encryption to ensure data confidentiality and integrity. This applies to the scenarios where hardware resources are sufficient, and devices are not sensitive to power consumption. Security level: high.
- Supports permission management for devices to ensure secure communication between the devices and IoT Platform.
- Supports the device-level isolation of communication resources such as topics to prevent unauthorized operations on devices.
The IoT Platform rules engine provides the following features:
- Server-side subscription: Your server can subscribe to messages of one or more types from all devices of a specific product. Your server can use an AMQP client or Message Service (MNS) client to obtain the subscribed messages.
- Data forwarding: IoT Platform forwards the specified fields of topic messages to a destination based on a data forwarding rule for storage and computing.
For more information, see Compare data forwarding solutions.
Feature Description Forward data to another topic Achieves communication between devices. Forward data to an AMQP consumer group Uses an AMQP client on your server to listen to the consumer group and obtain messages. Forward data to Message Service Ensures the stability and reliability of device data that is consumed by applications. Forward data to Tablestore Provides a solution for the collection and structured storage of device data. Forward data to ApsaraDB RDS Provides a solution to collect device data and store the data to ApsaraDB RDS. Forward data to Function Compute Provides a solution for device data collection and event computing.