Before you use the features of ApsaraDB for MyBase, you must add hosts to your ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster and create instances on the hosts.
For more information about ApsaraDB for MyBase, see What is ApsaraDB for MyBase?.
For more information about host specifications, see Host specifications and pricing.
Requirements for the number of hosts
|Database engine||Edition||Minimum number of hosts|
|MySQL||Basic Edition (one node)||1|
|Enterprise Edition (three nodes)||3|
|SQL Server||Basic Edition (one node)||1|
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to deploy the dedicated cluster.
- Find the dedicated cluster that you want to manage, and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation tree, click Hosts. On the page that appears, click Add Host.
- On the buy page, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Region The region where you want to deploy the host. The host and the dedicated cluster to which the host belongs must be deployed in the same region. Host Image The OS image of the host. Available OS images vary based on the database engine that you selected when you created the dedicated cluster.
- If the dedicated cluster runs the MySQL or PostgreSQL database engine, you can select AliLinux as the OS image.
- If the dedicated cluster runs the SQL Server database engine, you can select Windows as the OS image.
For more information, see Create a dedicated cluster.
Dedicated Cluster The dedicated cluster to which the host belongs. Zone The zone where the host is deployed. We recommend that you deploy hosts in different zones to improve availability. Storage Type The storage type of the host. You can select Local SSD or Enhanced SSD (ESSD). Host Instance Type The specifications of the host. Network Type The network type of the host. Only VPC is supported. VSwitch The vSwitch to which the host is connected. If no vSwitches are available, create a vSwitch as prompted below the drop-down list. Quantity The number of hosts that you want to add. For more information, see Requirements for the number of hosts. Duration The subscription duration of the host. You can select Auto-renewal. The auto-renewal feature prevents the host from being released due to expiration. If this feature is enabled, the system renews the host based on the specified subscription duration. For example, if you specify a three-month subscription duration, the system renews the host every three months.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment.
You can scan the following QR code to join a DingTalk group chat. In this group chat, you can obtain technical support from database experts, read success stories, and participate in live-streaming sharing from experts.