Before you use the features of ApsaraDB for MyBase, create hosts in the ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster and create instances on the hosts.
For more information about ApsaraDB for MyBase, see What is ApsaraDB for MyBase?.
For more information about host specifications, see Host specifications and pricing.
To ensure high availability, primary and secondary instances must be deployed on different hosts. Therefore, to create instances in ApsaraDB for MyBase and enable all features of ApsaraDB for MyBase, create a minimum of two hosts in the dedicated cluster.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to deploy the
- Find the dedicated cluster where you want to create the host, and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Hosts. Then, click Add Host.
- Configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Region The region where you want to deploy the host. The host and the dedicated cluster where the host resides must be deployed in the same region. Host Image The operating system (OS) image of the host. Available OS images vary based on the database engine that you use to create the dedicated cluster.
- If you use MySQL or PostgreSQL, you can select AliLinux as the OS image.
- If you use SQL Server, you can select Windows as the OS image.
For more information, see Create a dedicated cluster.
Dedicated Cluster The dedicated cluster to which the host belongs. Zone The zone to which the host belongs. We recommend that you deploy your hosts in different zones to improve availability. Storage Type The storage type of the host. You can select Local SSD or Enhanced SSD (ESSD). Host Instance Type The specifications of the host. Network Type The network type of the host. You can select only VPC. VSwitch The vSwitch to which the host is connected. If no options are available, create a vSwitch as prompted below the drop-down list. Duration The subscription duration of the host. You can select Auto-renewal. If you forget to renew your host, this operation ensures that the system renews the host based on the specified subscription duration. For example, if you specify a three-month subscription duration, the system renews the host every three months.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment.
You can scan the following QR code to join a DingTalk group chat. In this group chat, you can obtain technical support from database experts, read success stories, and participate in live streaming sharing from experts.