This topic describes how to add a cloud data source ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server.
- An ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server database is created.
- The username and password that you use to access the ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server database are obtained.
- Click the Workspace tab. In the left-side navigation pane, click Data Sources.
- On the Data Sources page, click Create Data Source in the upper-right corner.
- In the Add Data Source dialog box, click the Cloud Data Sources tab and then the SQL Server card.
- In the Add SQL Server Database dialog box, configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Name The name of the data source. In this example, set the value to cloud data source SQL Server. Database Address The hostname or IP address of the database that is used as the data source. Port Number The port that you use to access the database. Default value: 1433. Database The name of the database that you want to access. In this example, set the value to quickbi_test. Schema The schema of the database. Default value: dbo. Username The username that you use to access the database. In this example, set the value to quickbi_test. Password The password that you use to access the database. VPC Data Source If the data source is connected over a VPC, select VPC Data Source and configure the parameters. Region The region where the database instance resides. In this example, set this value to cn-qingdao.Note This parameter appears only when you select VPC Data Source.
- Click Test Connection to test connectivity with the database.
- After the database passes the connectivity test, click OK.If a data source with the same configurations exists, a message that indicates a configuration conflict appears. Do not add a data source repeatedly.