ApsaraDB for MyBase allows you to modify the configurations of instances that are created on hosts to meet your business requirements. The configuration of an instance includes the zone, instance type, and storage capacity. However, you can change the zone only for the instances that run MySQL.
- When you modify the configuration of your instance, one or two transient connections of approximately 30 seconds may occur. During a transient connection, you are unable to perform most operations related to databases, accounts, and networks. We recommend that you modify the configuration of your instance during off-peak hours. Alternatively, make sure that your application can automatically reconnect to the instance after a transient connection occurs.
- After you modify the configuration of a primary instance, the read-only instances attached to the primary instance restart.
- If you modify the configuration of a MyBase for PostgreSQL read-only instance, only transient connections occur.
Click the following link to view the procedure that applies to the database engine used by your dedicated cluster:
Modify the configuration of an instance that runs MySQL, SQL Server, or PostgreSQL
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where you want to create a dedicated
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. On the page that appears, find the instance that you want to manage, and modify
the configuration of the instance.
- To modify the configuration of a MyBase for MySQL instance or a MyBase for PostgreSQL instance, click More in the Actions column. Then, select from the drop-down list.
- To modify the configuration of a MyBase for SQL Server instance, click Change Specifications in the Actions column.
- This step is required only if you want to migrate a MyBase for MySQL instance. Select
the zone where the destination host is deployed and the vSwitch to which the destination
host is connected. Note You can select a zone from the Change Zone To drop-down list based on your business requirements. This drop-down list displays all zones where the hosts in the dedicated cluster are deployed. You can select a vSwitch from the VSwitch drop-down list based on your business requirements. This drop-down list displays all vSwitches to which the hosts in the selected zone are connected.
- Modify the instance type or storage capacity of the instance, specify the time when
the modification takes effect, and then click OK. Note
- If the instance uses enhanced SSDs, you must complete the payment on the page that appears.
- If the instance uses local SSDs, you do not need to pay additional fees. The storage fees of local SSDs are included in the fees that you paid to purchase the host on which the instance is deployed. If the instance is a High-availability Edition instance that uses local SSDs, you can scale down the storage.