This topic describes how to modify the configuration of an instance that runs on an ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL host. You can change the instance type and the storage capacity of the instance.
- When you modify the configuration of an instance, one or two 30-second transient connections may occur. During a transient connection, you cannot perform most operations related to databases, accounts, or networks. We recommend that you modify the configuration of an instance during off-peak hours. Alternatively, make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to the instance.
- After you modify the configuration of a primary instance, all the read-only instances associated with the primary instance are automatically restarted.
- After you modify the configuration of an ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL read-only instance, transient connections occur. The read-only instance does not restart.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to create a dedicated cluster.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters. On the page that appears, find the dedicated cluster that you want to manage and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation tree, click Instances. Find the instance for which you want to modify the configuration and choose .
- Modify the instance type or storage capacity of the instance, specify the time when the modification takes effect, and then click OK.
- On the page that appears, complete the payment.