The Monitor module is a system used to monitor and analyze nodes in DataWorks. This module determines whether, when, how, and to whom an alert is reported based on alert triggers and node operations. It automatically selects the most appropriate alerting time, notification methods, and recipients.
- Improves your efficiency on configuring alert triggers.
- Prevents invalid alerts from bothering you.
- Automatically covers all important nodes for you.
- DataWorks has numerous nodes, so it is difficult for you to find out the nodes to
Some DataWorks businesses have a large number of nodes, and dependencies between the nodes are complex. Even if you know the most important node, it is difficult to find all ancestor nodes of the node and monitor them all. In this case, if you simply monitor all nodes, a large number of invalid alerts may be generated. In consequence, you may miss those useful alerts.
- The notification method varies with nodes. For example, some monitoring tasks require the relevant nodes to run for more than 1 hour before triggering alerts, whereas other monitoring tasks require the relevant nodes to run for more than 2 hours. It is extremely complex to set alert for each node separately, and it is difficult to predict the alert threshold value for each node.
- The alerting time varies with monitored nodes. For example, alerts for unimportant nodes can be reported after the working hours start in the morning but alerts for important nodes must be reported immediately even in off hours. It is hard for a conventional monitoring system to distinguish the importance of nodes.
- Different alerts require different operations to turn off.
The Monitor module provides comprehensive monitoring and alerting logic. You only need to provide the names of important nodes in your business. Then, the Monitor module automatically monitors the entire process of your nodes and creates standard alert triggers for them. In addition, you can customize alert triggers by completing basic settings.
The full-path monitoring feature of the Monitor module guarantees the overall data output of all important businesses of Alibaba Group. In addition, it supports analyzing ancestor and descendant node paths to promptly detect risks and provide O&M advice for business departments. These features of the Monitor module have guaranteed the long-term high stability of businesses in Alibaba Group.