You can use your Alibaba Cloud account to create a cluster in the AnalyticDB for MySQL console. After the cluster is created, you can configure a whitelist and create a database account for the cluster. Then you can synchronize your data to the cluster and perform instant multidimensional analysis and business exploration on hundreds of billions of data records within milliseconds.
- Use your Alibaba Cloud account to log on to the AnalyticDB for MySQL console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters.
- On the Clusters page, click Create a cluster.
- Select a billing method.
- Pay-as-you-go: A pay-as-you-go cluster is charged hourly based on your actual resource usage. We recommend that you select this billing method for short-term requirements. You can release pay-as-you-go clusters when they are no longer needed to save costs.
- Subscription: You must pay an upfront subscription fee when you create a cluster. We recommend that you select this billing method for long-term use, because it is more cost-effective than pay-as-you-go billing. The longer the subscription period, the higher the discount.
- Configure the parameters.
Table 1. Parameters Parameter Description Version The version of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster. Select 3.0. Region The region in which to create the cluster. You cannot change the region after the cluster is created. We recommend that you select a region that is the closest geographically to your business to improve access speed and stability. Zone The zone in which to create the cluster. A zone is an independent physical area located within a region. There are no substantial differences between zones. Edition The edition of the cluster. The default value is Cluster Edition.
The Cluster Edition cluster uses a high-availability architecture that features three replicas to provide you with the data reliability required in the finance industry. For more information, see Cluster Edition. The Cluster Edition cluster can scale out nodes and scale up storage space within seconds, allowing you to read and write data in real time with higher throughput.
Network Type The network type of the cluster. The default value is VPC. A virtual private cloud (VPC) is an isolated network environment that provides enhanced security. VSwitch Select a VSwitch from the specified VPC. Instance Type The ECU type. For more information, see Specifications. Node Groups The number of node groups. By default, each node group consists of three replicas. Capacity The disk capacity of a node group.
- Adjust the Duration slider if you are creating a subscription cluster, and click Buy Now on the right of the page.
- On the Confirm Order page, read and select AnalyticDB for MySQL Subscription Agreement of Service, click Activate, and pay for the order.