You can use an Alibaba Cloud account to create a cluster in the AnalyticDB for MySQL console. After the cluster is created, you can configure a whitelist and create a database account for the cluster. Then, you can synchronize your data to the cluster, and perform instant multidimensional analysis on hundreds of billions of data records to extract business insights in milliseconds.
- Log on to the AnalyticDB for MySQL console by your Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters.
- On the V3.0 Clusters page, click Create Cluster.
- Select a product type.
- Pay-as-you-go: A pay-as-you-go cluster is charged hourly based on your actual resource usage. We recommend that you select this option for short-term use. You can release the cluster when it is no longer used. This helps you reduce costs.
- Subscription: You must pay an upfront subscription fee when you create a cluster. We recommend that you select this option for long-term use because it is more cost-effective than the pay-as-you-go billing method. Larger discounts are provided for longer subscription periods.
- Configure the parameters.
Table 1. Parameters Parameter Description Version Select 3.0. Region The region where the cluster resides. You cannot change the region after the cluster is created. To maximize the access speed, we recommend that you select a region in close proximity to the geographic location where your users reside. Zone An independent physical area within a region. All zones in a region provide the same services. Edition AnalyticDB for MySQL supports clusters of Cluster Edition.
The Cluster Edition cluster uses a high-availability architecture that features three replicas to provide you with the data reliability required in the finance industry. For more information. The Cluster Edition cluster can scale out nodes and scale up storage space within seconds, which allows you to read and write data in real time with higher throughput.
Network Type The network type of the analytic instance. The default value is VPC. A virtual private cloud (VPC) is an isolated network environment that provides enhanced security. VSwitch Select a vSwitch from the specified VPC. Instance Type The ECU type. For more information. Node Groups The number of node groups. By default, each node group consists of three replicas. Capacity The storage space of a node group.
- Set the Duration parameter if you are creating a subscription cluster, and click Buy Now in the lower-right corner of the page.
- On the Confirm Order page, select the AnalyticDB for MySQL Subscription Agreement of Service check box, click Activate, and then pay for the order.