After you add a website to Web Application Firewall (WAF), you can configure a whitelist for Bot Management to allow trusted access requests of the website to bypass the detection of Bot Threat Intelligence, Data Risk Control, Intelligent Algorithm, and App Protection. This whitelist is used to allow access requests that are blocked by mistake.
- A WAF instance that meets the following requirements is purchased:
- The instance uses the subscription billing method.
- Bot Management is enabled.
- Your website is added to WAF. For more information, see Tutorials.
After the preceding detection modules but Allowed Crawlers are enabled, normal access requests may be blocked by mistake. In this case, you can configure a whitelist to allow trusted access requests to bypass the detection of a specific module in Bot Management.
We recommend that you specify rules for the whitelist as precisely as possible to ensure that only trusted access requests are allowed.
- Log on to the WAF console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the resource group and the region to which the WAF instance belongs. The region can be Chinese Mainland or Outside Chinese Mainland.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the upper part of the Website Protection page, select the domain name for which you want to configure an allowlist.
- Click the Bot Management tab, find the Fine-grained Configuration section, and then click Settings.
- Create a whitelist for Bot Management.
After you create rules for the whitelist, the rules are automatically enabled. You can view created rules in the rule list. You can also disable, edit, or delete rules as required.
- On the Bot Management - Whitelist page, click Create Rule.
- In the Create Rule dialog box, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Rule name Specify a name for the rule. Matching Condition Specify match conditions for the rule. Click Add rule to add more match conditions. A maximum of five match conditions are allowed. If you specify multiple match conditions, the rule is triggered only after all the match conditions are met.
For more information about match conditions, see Fields in match conditions.
Bypassed Modules Select the detection modules to bypass after the match conditions are met. Valid Values:
- Bot Threat Intelligence
- Data Risk Control
- Algorithm Model
- App Protection
- Click Save.