This topic describes how to send a test message by using the test feature in the Short Message Service (SMS) console. For information about the video tutorial, see Send test messages.
- An Alibaba Cloud enterprise account is created and have passed real-name verification. For more information, visit the registration page and Account Center.
- SMS is activated. For more information, visit the product page of SMS. For more information, watch the video tutorial in Activate SMS.
- A resource plan is purchased. For more information, visit the buy page of SMS.
- A signature is created and the message content is prepared if you want to send messages to the Chinese mainland. For more information, see Create a signature and Create message content.
- Log on to the SMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Quick Start.
- On the Quick Start page, follow the on-screen instructions to specify the parameters. SMS determines whether messages are sent to the Chinese mainland based on the Country Code parameter.
- If you want to send messages to countries or regions outside the Chinese mainland, enter the country code, mobile phone number, sender ID, and message content.
- If you want to send messages to the Chinese mainland, enter the country code and mobile phone number, and select an approved signature and message content. If your message content contains variables, configure the variables.
- Click Send Messages.
- You can call the QueryMessage operation to view the delivery status of the message.
- You can query messaging records in the SMS console. For more information, see Query messaging records.