Security Center supports automatic periodic scan tasks and manual scan tasks. This topic describes how to run a manual scan task.
For more information about the intervals at which automatic tasks scan for different types of vulnerabilities, see Vulnerability detection cycle.
You can configure an automatic periodic scan task. For more information, see Configure vulnerability settings.
- ×: This edition does not support this check item.
- √: This edition supports this check item.
- 〇: The Basic and Anti-virus editions of Security Center support only the automatic detection of vulnerabilities. These editions do not support quick scan for vulnerabilities or fixing of vulnerabilities. Before you can use Security Center to run manual scan tasks, you must upgrade Security Center to the Advanced, Enterprise, or Ultimate edition. If you want to use Security Center to fix detected vulnerabilities, you must upgrade Security Center to the Advanced, Enterprise, or Ultimate edition.
|Linux software vulnerabilities||〇||〇||√||√||√|
|Windows system vulnerabilities||〇||〇||√||√||√|
- Log on to the Security Center console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Vulnerabilities page, click Scan now. Before you click Scan now, click Settings in the upper-right corner of the page. In the Settings panel, click Manage to the right of each check item and check whether the servers that you want to scan are displayed in the Assets section.
- In the Scan for vulnerabilities dialog box, select the type of vulnerabilities that you want to scan for and click
OK. Note After you click Scan now, Security Center scans all protected assets. The time required to complete the scan is approximately 30 minutes. Wait until the scan is complete. You can refresh the page to view the most recent statistics.After the scan is complete, you can click a tab on the Vulnerabilities page to view the most recent scan results. For more information about vulnerability scan results, see Vulnerability statistics.