This topic describes the subscription billing method.
Subscription is a billing method that allows you to pay in advance for the use of resources.
- You can reserve resources at a lower cost when you purchase subscription instances. For more information, see Procedure for activating the service.
- When you create a subscription instance, you must complete the payment before you can use subscription resources. For more information about the billable items and the formulas that are used to calculate the fees of the billable items, see Billing unit and billable items.
- After you create a subscription instance, you can modify the resource configurations of your workspace to scale the instance. For more information, see Reconfigure workspace resources.
- If you want to continue to use a subscription instance after it expires, you can renew the instance. For more information, see Renewal.
- If you no longer need to use a subscription instance before it expires, you can submit a ticket.
For more information about the billing unit and billable items of a subscription instance, see Billing unit and billable items. If you want to know the fees incurred, check the billing details. For more information, see View billing details.
The fee of a subscription instance is calculated by using the following formula: Total price of an instance = (Number of CUs that are used as management resources + Number of CUs that are used as computing resources) × Unit price × Subscription duration
- The number of CUs that are used as management resources is fixed to 2.
- The fee calculated by using the preceding formula is the fee of one fully managed Flink instance. You can purchase multiple instances for an Alibaba Cloud account. When you settle an account, you must settle the fees based on the total fees of multiple instances.
- The subscription duration in the formula is measured in months. The fee on the buy page shall prevail.
For example, the unit price of a CU is USD 45.94 per month in the Singapore (Singapore) region. If you want to create an instance that uses 2 CUs as management resources and 8 CUs as computing resources and set the subscription duration to three months, the fee of the instance is USD 1378.2. The fee is calculated by using the following formula: (2 CUs + 8 CUs) × USD 45.94 per CU per month × 3 months.
The billing cycle (based on UTC+8:00) of a subscription instance is the subscription duration of the instance. The billing cycle starts from the time (accurate to the second) when the subscription instance is activated or renewed and ends at 00:00:00 the next day after the expiration date.