In the Hologres console, the Instances page shows all the instances that you have created. This topic describes the features on the Instances page and the operations that you can perform on this page.
On the Instances page, you can view all the Hologres instances that were created by using your Alibaba Cloud account and the status of these instances. You can also create instances or modify the configurations of instances. You can click the name of an instance to go to the instance details page. On the instance details page, you can perform specific operations on the objects in the instance, such as databases and users.
- Create an instance
You can click Create Instance in the upper part of the Instances page to go to the buy page of Hologres. On the buy page, you can create a Hologres instance. For more information, see Purchase a Hologres instance.
- View instance details
You can click the name of a Hologres instance in the instance list to go to the instance details page. On the instance details page, you can view the instance configurations, check the monitoring and alerting data, and manage users and databases. For more information, see Instance configurations.
- Go to the HoloWeb console
HoloWeb is an all-in-one big data development platform that is developed based on Hologres.
HoloWeb allows you to perform data development by using SQL statements in a visualized manner. You can click Go to HoloWeb in the left-side navigation pane of the Hologres console to go to the HoloWeb console. For more information about HoloWeb, see Log on to an instance.
- Go to DataStudio
DataStudio is an end-to-end data development platform based on Hologres. It is deeply integrated into DataWorks.
- Search for instances by name
If you have multiple instances within a region, you can enter a keyword of an instance name in the search box to search for the required instance.
- View the state of an instanceThe Status column shows the status of your Hologres instances. A Hologres instance can be in one of the following states:
- Running: The instance is running normally.
- Creating: The payment for the instance has been made and the instance is being created. It can take 3 to 5 minutes to create an instance.
- Processing: An operation such as upgrading, downgrading, restarting, and restoration is being performed on the instance. It can take 2 to 5 minutes to complete the operation.
- Stopped: The instance has stopped running and is inaccessible.
- View the billing method of an instance
The Billing Method column shows the billing methods of your Hologres instances. For more information, see Billing methods.
- Perform operations on an instanceThe Actions column shows the following operations that you can perform on a Hologres instance:
You can click Manage to go to the instance details page. On the instance details page, you can view and perform specific operations on the objects in the instance, such as databases and users.
- Modify Instance Name
To rename the instance, you can move the pointer over the More icon and select Modify Instance Name. In the Modify Instance Name dialog box, enter a new instance name and click OK.
- Switch to SubscriptionYou can click Switch to Subscription to change the billing method of the instance from Pay-as-you-go to Subscription.Note You cannot change the billing method of a Hologres instance from Subscription to Pay-as-you-go. For more information, see Change the billing method.
If the instance does not meet your business requirements, you can click Upgrade to scale up the instance. Hologres instances can be upgraded only by an Alibaba Cloud account or an authorized RAM user.Note When an instance is being upgraded, the instance stops providing services for a few minutes. We recommend that you upgrade instances during off-peak hours.
If the instance contains a large amount of idle resources, you can click Downgrade to scale down the instance. You can downgrade Hologres instances only by using your Alibaba Cloud account or as an authorized RAM user.Note When an instance is being downgraded, the instance stops providing services for a few minutes. We recommend that you downgrade instances during off-peak hours.
If the billing method of the instanceis Subscription, you can click Renew to extend the validity period of the instance.
If the billing method of the instance is Pay-as-you-go, you can click Stop to stop the instance. After you click Stop, you are no longer charged fees for the computing resources but are still charged for the storage resources.
If you no longer need the instance, you can click Delete to delete it.
If you want to restart the instance, you can click Restart to restart it.
Associate and disassociate read-only secondary instances
- Only a Hologres instance of V1.1 or later can be used as a primary instance. To upgrade a Hologres instance from a version earlier than V1.1 to V1.1 or later, submit a ticket or join the Hologres DingTalk group for technical support.
- You cannot access read-only secondary instances that are not associated with a primary instance.
- A primary instance and its read-only secondary instances must be of the same version.
- A primary instance and its read-only secondary instances must reside in the same region.
- Policy of associating or disassociating read-only secondary instances
To associate read-only secondary instances with or disassociate them from a primary instance as a RAM user, you must attach the AliyunHologresFullAccess policy to the RAM user. For more information, see Grant permissions on Hologres to RAM users.
- Associate a read-only secondary instance
- On the Instances page of the Hologres console, find the read-only secondary instance that you want to associate and click Associate in the Instance Type column.
- In the Associate with Primary Instance dialog box, select a primary instance and click Associate.
- Disassociate a read-only secondary instance
You can disassociate a read-only secondary instance from its primary instance.
- On the Instances page of the Hologres console, find the read-only secondary instance that you want to disassociate and click Disassociate in the Instance Type column.
- In the Note message, click Disassociate.
After the read-only secondary instance is disassociated from its primary instance, you cannot access the read-only secondary instance.