Enterprise Distributed Application Service (EDAS) allows you to create and deploy Java microservices in Elastic Compute Service (ECS) clusters.
ECS clusters in EDAS support Alibaba Cloud High-speed Service Framework (HSF) applications and Java microservices such as Spring Cloud and Dubbo applications.
The ECS environments provided by EDAS include Alibaba Cloud ECS environments and hybrid cloud ECS environments.
- An Alibaba Cloud ECS environment consists of only Alibaba Cloud resources, such as
microservice namespaces, virtual private clouds (VPCs), ECS clusters, and ECS instances.
- To help you create and deploy applications in ECS clusters, EDAS provides a default Alibaba Cloud ECS environment in each region. Each default Alibaba Cloud ECS environment provides a default ECS cluster in the default . The ECS cluster uses the default VPC in the region.
- You can also customize an Alibaba Cloud ECS environment based on your needs. Each custom Alibaba Cloud ECS environment consists of the resources that you create, such as microservice namespaces, VPCs, ECS clusters, and ECS instances.
- A hybrid cloud ECS environment consists of instances provided by Alibaba Cloud ECS, self-managed data centers, and other cloud service providers. In the environment, applications are deployed on the instances. However, microservice namespaces, VPCs, and ECS clusters are created on Alibaba Cloud.
Create and deploy applications
You can create and deploy applications in an ECS environment based on your needs.
Deployment packages and runtime environments vary with applications.
- Deployment packages
Spring Cloud and Dubbo applications support JAR and WAR deployment packages. HSF applications support only WAR deployment packages.
- Application runtime environments
- If you deploy a Spring Cloud or Dubbo application by using a JAR package, select a Java environment.
- If you deploy a Spring Cloud or Dubbo application by using a WAR package, select Apache Tomcat.
- If you deploy an HSF application by using a WAR package, select EDAS Container. EDAS Container includes Ali-Tomcat and Pandora.
You can create and deploy Java applications in ECS clusters by using the EDAS console or calling the API.
When you create and deploy an application for the first time, select one of the following solutions based on your scenario:
- Quick start
- Deploy a demo application in a default ECS environment. For more information, see Deploy a microservice-oriented application in the default ECS cluster.
- Deploy a demo application in a custom ECS environment that consists of microservice namespaces, VPCs, and ECS clusters. For more information, see Deploy microservice-oriented applications in custom ECS environments.
- Alibaba Cloud ECS environments
Deploy an application in an Alibaba Cloud custom ECS environment. For more information, see Create and deploy an application in an ECS cluster.
- Hybrid cloud ECS environments
Deploy an application in a hybrid cloud ECS environment. For more information, see Deploy applications in hybrid cloud clusters.