You can delete snapshots that are no longer needed to free up space or when the maximum number of snapshots has been reached. This topic describes the procedure to delete a snapshot in the ECS console. This procedure applies to both manual snapshots and automatic snapshots.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Select one or more snapshots to be deleted and click Delete at the bottom of the page.
- In the Delete dialog box, select Delete or Force Delete. Notice To delete a snapshot from which you have created disks, you can choose only Force Delete and then click Proceed to Forcibly Delete. After a snapshot is deleted, you cannot perform operations that depend on the status of the original snapshot data, such as the operation to reinitialize a cloud disk.
- Click OK.