This topic describes how to release an E-MapReduce (EMR) cluster if it is no longer needed. You can release only pay-as-you-go clusters.
- An EMR cluster is created. For more information, see Create a cluster.
- The cluster you want to release is in the Initializing, Running, or Idle state.
You can release only pay-as-you-go clusters. If you want to release a subscription cluster, submit a ticket.
- Forcibly terminates all jobs in the cluster.
- Terminates and releases all ECS instances that are created for the cluster.
The time needed to terminate and release the ECS instances depends on the size of the cluster but does not exceed 5 minutes. In most cases, the ECS instances can be released in seconds.
- Go to the Cluster Management page.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud EMR console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your cluster resides and select a resource group based on your business requirements.
- Click the Cluster Management tab.
- Find the cluster you want to release and choose in the Actions column. Alternatively, find the cluster you want to release and click Details in the Actions column. On the Cluster Overview page, choose in the upper-right corner.
- In the Cluster Management-Release message, click Release.