If specific information about your domain name, such as the contact of the domain name administrator, changes, you must modify domain name information on Alibaba Cloud to keep the information accurate and updated. This topic describes how to modify domain name information.
Domain name information is the information about the registrant, administrator, buyer, and technical contact of your domain name. To change the registrant of your domain name or modify the certificate information of the registrant, you must transfer the ownership of your domain name or modify registrant information. For more information, see Modify registrant information or transfer domain name ownership. You can follow the instructions in this topic to modify contact information such as the address, email address, and mobile number.
The transfer policy issued by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) stipulates that you cannot transfer a domain name from the current registrar within 60 days after you transfer the ownership of the domain name. If you need to transfer the domain name from Alibaba Cloud to another registrar within 60 days after you transfer the domain name ownership, select Disable "Domain names cannot be transferred out of Alibaba Cloud within 60 days of successful modification" when you modify domain name information. Otherwise, the transfer-out request fails.
- Log on to the Domains console.
- On the Domain Names page, find the domain name for which you want to modify information and click Manage in the Action column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Info Modification.
- Click the Registrant Info Modification, Admin Contact Modification, Billing Contact Modification, or Tech Contact Modification tab as required. Note If you transfer domain name ownership on the Registrant Info Modification tab, the system sends an email to the email addresses of both the original and new registrants.
- Modify domain name information as required.
Modify the registration information of an internationalized domain name
If the information about an internationalized domain name changes, or the existing record on Alibaba Cloud is invalid, you must modify the information on Alibaba Cloud as soon as possible. Otherwise, the domain name may be deleted.
- What can I do if the information about an internationalized domain name changes or
the existing record on Alibaba Cloud is invalid?
As stipulated by the WHOIS Data Reminder Policy of ICANN and the domain name registration agreement, Alibaba Cloud, as a domain name registrar, will send a notification email to the domain name registrant if the registration information needs to be updated. You must regularly check domain name information. If you find that the information about your domain name has changed or the existing record on Alibaba Cloud is invalid, modify domain name information as soon as possible to ensure accuracy.
- Impact of not promptly modifying domain name information
If your domain name information on Alibaba Cloud is invalid and is not updated at the earliest opportunity, you may not receive important domain name notifications pertaining to security threats. The provisions on domain name registration stipulate that, if you provide false or invalid registration information or do not promptly modify your registration information, your domain name may be deleted.
- Prerequisites for modifying the registration information of an internationalized domain
The domain name is in the domain name list in the Alibaba Cloud Domains console.
- Required modifications and instructions
You can modify the registration information of an internationalized domain name, including the information about the registrant, administrator, buyer, and technical contact. For more information about how to modify the registration information of an internationalized domain name, see Modify domain name information.