You can enable the update prohibition lock to protect your domain registration information from being tampered with.
Background informationThe update prohibition lock is a value-added domain name service provided by a domain name registrar. It protects your domain name information from being tampered with, such as the domain name contact information, address, phone number, email address, Domain Name System (DNS) information, and IP address of the domain name registration server.
Note You must disable the update prohibition lock before modifying your domain name information.
If your domain name is registered by Alibaba Cloud, you can enable the update prohibition lock online at any time. After enabling it, you can access WHOIS and check the domain name status. On the query result page, Domain Status is clientUpdateProhibited.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Domains console.
- On the Domain Name List page, find the target domain name and click Manage in the Action column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Security Settings.
- Click Enable for Update prohibition lock.
- Obtain the email verification code and complete the email verification to enable the update prohibition lock.