You can use Data Transmission Service (DTS) to synchronize or migrate data across different Alibaba Cloud accounts. This feature is applicable to scenarios such as resource migration or resource merging across Alibaba Cloud accounts and business architecture adjustment.
Supported source instances
- Alibaba Cloud database instances: ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instances, ApsaraDB RDS for MariaDB TX instances, ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL instances, PolarDB-X V1.0 instances, PolarDB for Oracle clusters, PolarDB for PostgreSQL clusters, and ApsaraDB for Redis instances.
- Self-managed databases: self-managed MySQL databases, PostgreSQL databases, Redis databases, MongoDB databases, Oracle databases, SQL Server databases, and Db2 for LUW databases that are connected over Express Connect, VPN Gateway, or Smart Access Gateway.
|Step 1: Make preparations. Use Account A to log on to the Alibaba Cloud Management Console and grant the required permission to a RAM role.||When you configure the RAM role, set Account B as the trusted account and authorize Account B to access the cloud resources of Account A.|
|Step 2: Configure a DTS task. Use Account B to log on to the Alibaba Cloud Management Console and configure the DTS task.||When you configure the DTS task by using Account B, specify the ID of Account A so that DTS can read the cloud resources of Account A.|
Step 1: Make preparationsUse Account A that owns the source database to log on to the Alibaba Cloud Management Console. Create a RAM role and authorize DTS to access the cloud resources of Account A by using Account B. For more information, see Configure RAM authorization for cross-account data migration and synchronization and Configure RAM authorization for data migration or synchronization from a user-created database in a VPC across different Alibaba Cloud accounts.
Step 2: Configure a DTS task
- Go to the Create Task page by using Account B that owns the destination database.
- Go to the or of the new DTS console by using Account B.
- Select the region where the destination database resides and click Create Task.
- In the Source Database section, specify the account information of the source instance (such as account
ID and RAM role name) to allow DTS to read the source instance information across
Parameter Description Replicate Data Across Alibaba Cloud Accounts Select Yes. Alibaba Cloud Account Enter the ID of Account A that owns the source database.Note To obtain the ID of the Alibaba Cloud account that owns the source database, you must log on to the Account Management console by using this account. The account ID is displayed on the Security Settings page. RAM Role Name Enter the name of the RAM role that you created earlier in Step 1: Make preparations.