Database Backup (DBS) provides subscription storage plans to help you reduce storage costs.
By default, backup storage, sandbox storage based on copy data management (CDM), and built-in DBS storage are billed on a pay-as-you-go basis. To store large amounts of data, we recommend that you use subscription storage plans because they are more cost-effective than pay-as-you-go storage. Storage plans of larger storage capacities provide larger discounts. For more information, see Comparison between storage plans and pay-as-you-go storage.
- Backup storage plans
These storage plans can be used to offset the fees incurred for your account when you back up and store ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL, ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL, ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server, or ApsaraDB for MongoDB database data.
- Sandbox storage plans
These storage plans can be used to offset the fees incurred for your account when you use sandbox storage. For more information about the billing of sandbox storage, see DBS sandbox fees.
- Backup instance storage plans
You are charged for creating a pay-as-you-go backup instance and for storing backup data in built-in DBS storage. These storage plans can be used to offset the fees incurred for your account when you use built-in DBS storage.
- You can purchase and combine multiple storage plans. For example, two 1 TB storage plans are equivalent to one 2 TB storage plan.
- After a backup storage plan is purchased, its specification cannot be changed.
- If storage plans are exhausted, fees incurred by extra storage are charged on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Storage plans become invalid when they expire.
Comparison between storage plans and pay-as-you-go storage
- Comparison between backup storage plans and pay-as-you-go storage
The following table compares the prices for backup storage plans and pay-as-you-go storage. The ApsaraDB for MongoDB data is used in the table.
Data volume Storage plan (USD/month) Pay-as-you-go storage (USD/month) 1 TB 104 337.92 5 TB 461 1,689.6 10 TB 864 3,379.2 50 TB 4,032 16,896 100 TB 7,488 33,792 500 TB 34,560 168,960
- Comparison between backup instance storage plans and pay-as-you-go storage
The following table compares the prices for backup instance storage plans and pay-as-you-go storage.
Data volume Storage plan (USD/month) Pay-as-you-go storage (USD/month) 100 GB 1.56 1.73 500 GB 7.80 8.65 1 TB 15.97 17.30 2 TB 31.95 34.60 5 TB 79.87 86.5 10 TB 159.74 173.00
Purchase a storage plan
- Go to the Database Backup buy page and click the Storage Bag tab.
- Set Type, Specification, Quantity, and Duration based on your business requirements. Note When the storage plan expires, the used extra storage is billed on a pay-as-you-go basis. To prevent high storage costs, we recommend that you select Auto-renewal. For more information about how to renew backup schedules, see Renew backup schedules.
- Click Buy Now.
View a storage plan and deduction details
- Log on to the DBS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Database Backup page, click Storage Pack Management.
- On the Storage Pack Management page, click Details in the Actions column corresponding to the storage plan that you want to view.
- On the Details tab of the Resource Packages page, view deduction details of the storage plan, including initial capacity, deducted capacity, and remaining capacity.