You can switch the billing method of an instance that has an associated task in data synchronization mode or change tracking mode from pay-as-you-go to subscription. The migration channels of the instance are unaffected when you switch the billing method.
- After you switch the billing method of a pay-as-you-go instance to subscription, you cannot switch the billing method back to pay-as-you-go. Make sure that you need to switch the billing method of your DTS instance.
- DTS instances with an associated task in data migration mode only support the pay-as-you-go billing method. You cannot switch the billing method of instances with a task in data migration mode to subscription.
Before you switch billing method, make sure the following requirements are met:
- The instance is a pay-as-you-go instance that has an associated task in data synchronization or change tracking mode.
- For a task in data synchronization mode, you do not want to change the following parameters of the instance: Source Instance, Source Region, Target Instance, Target Region, and Synchronization Topology. These parameters must stay the same before and after you change billing method.
- For a task in change tracking mode, you do not want to change the Source Region parameter of the instance. This parameter must stay the same before and after you change billing method.
Note Before you switch a pay-as-you-go instance to subscription, you must already have a subscription instance. You can create a subscription instance if you do not have one already.
- Log on to the DTS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Change Tracking or Data Synchronization.
- Find the instance that you want to switch and click Switch to Subscription in the Actions column.
- In the Switch to Subscription dialog box, select the subscription instance that you have created.
Note After the billing method is switched from pay-as-you-go to subscription, DTS releases the pay-as-you-go instance and you are no longer charged pay-as-you-go fees.
- Click OK.