When you use the live stream transcoding feature, you are charged based on the transcoding standard, and the resolution and total duration of transcoded videos. This topic describes the billing rules for live stream transcoding.
- Pricing of Narrowband HD™ transcoding
Narrowband HD™ is a unique feature provided by Alibaba Cloud. Narrowband HD™ transcoding uses advanced transcoding clusters and complex encoding algorithms to provide a better compression capability without compromising video quality. This can help reduce traffic costs by 20% to 30% compared with regular transcoding.
Narrowband HD™ transcoding supports H.264.
Video resolution (H.264) Chinese mainland (USD/min) Singapore (USD/min) Japan (USD/min) Germany (USD/min) India (USD/min) Indonesia (USD/min) ≤ 480p 0.0097 0.0099 0.0099 0.0056 0.0099 0.0099 480p to 720p (including 720p) 0.0191 0.0198 0.0198 0.0112 0.0198 0.0198 720p to 1080p (including 1080p) 0.0382 0.0396 0.0396 0.0224 0.0396 0.0396 1080p to 2K (including 2K) 0.0775 0.0792 0.0792 0.0448 0.0792 0.0792 2K to 4K (including 4K) 0.1550 0.1584 0.1584 0.0896 0.1584 0.1584
- Video resolutions
- 480p: 640×480
- 720p: 1280×720
- 1080p: 1920×1080
- 2K: 2560×1440
- 4K: 3840×2160
|Billing policy||You are charged based on the transcoding standard, and the resolution and total duration
of transcoded videos. Each stream is billed separately, regardless of the number of
users who are watching this stream.
Only the H.264 standard is supported. Prices also vary according to different regions.
Note Unit of video duration: minutes. If the video duration is a decimal, the decimal is rounded up to the nearest integer.
|Billing cycle||You are charged on a daily basis.|
|Billing method||You are charged on a pay-as-you-go basis.|
|Billing time||Bills are generated within one hour after a billing cycle ends.|
|Settlement time||Fees are automatically deducted from your Alibaba Cloud account after bills are generated.|
Transcoding templates in the ApsaraVideo Live console
|Video resolution (H.264)||Regular transcoding template||Narrowband HD™ transcoding template||Transcoding specifications in bills|
|≤ 480p||Low definition (LD)||LD||LD|
|480p to 720p (including 720p)||Standard definition (SD) and high definition (HD)||SD and HD||SD|
|720p to 1080p (including 1080p)||Ultra high definition (UHD)||UHD||HD|
- Transcoding prices vary according to different video resolutions, including LD, SD, HD, 2K, and 4K. The video resolutions are not indicated by regular transcoding template IDs, which contain letters such as lld, lsd, lhd, and lud, or Narrowband HD™ template IDs, which contain letters such as ld, sd, hd, and ud. Use these template IDs only for identification when you call services.
- You cannot specify a custom resolution that is higher than 1080p in the console. If your scenario requires a resolution of 2K or 4K, submit a ticket.
- Description: On June 17, you perform 2K Narrowband HD™ transcoding on three streams in the live center of Singapore. The duration of each stream is 30 minutes.
- Pricing: The unit price of Narrowband HD™ transcoding for a video whose resolution ranges from 1080p to 2K is USD 0.0792 per minute. For more information, see the Pricing of Narrowband HD™ transcoding section in this topic.
- Fees of Narrowband HD™ transcoding: USD 0.0792 × 30 minutes × 3 streams = USD 7.128
The transcoding fees incurred on June 17 are USD 7.128. The bill is generated after 00:00 (UTC+8) on June 18. After the bill is generated, the fees are automatically deducted from your Alibaba Cloud account.