When you use the live stream transcoding feature, you are charged based on the transcoding standard, transcoding resolution, and total length of transcoded streams. This topic describes the billing rules of live stream transcoding.
The live stream transcoding feature provides Narrowband HD™ transcoding and audio-only transcoding.
- You can purchase resource plans for this billable item to offset transcoding fees based on the transcoding length. Compared with pay-as-you-go, resource plans are more cost-effective. For more information, see Overview.
- The transcoding resolution is determined by the width and height of the output video. For example, if the width of a video is no greater than 1,280 pixels and the height is no greater than 720 pixels, the transcoding resolution is 720p (1280 × 720). If the width of a video is greater than 1,280 pixels or the height is greater than 720 pixels, the transcoding resolution is higher than 720p (1280 × 720).
To view the final prices, visit the ApsaraVideo Live pricing page.
Pricing of Narrowband HD™ transcoding
Narrowband HD™ is a unique feature provided by Alibaba Cloud. Narrowband HD™ transcoding uses advanced transcoding clusters and complex encoding algorithms to provide a better compression capability without compromising video quality. This can help reduce traffic by 20% to 30% compared with regular transcoding. Narrowband HD™ transcoding supports H.264.
|Transcoding resolution (H.264)||Chinese mainland (USD/min)||Singapore (USD/min)||Japan (USD/min)||Germany (USD/min)||India (USD/min)||Indonesia (USD/min)||Output specification|
|480P(LD)||0.0097||0.0099||0.0099||0.0056||0.0099||0.0099||Height ≤ 480 pixels, and width ≤ 640 pixels|
|720P(SD)||0.0191||0.0198||0.0198||0.0112||0.0198||0.0198||Height ≤ 720 pixels, and width ≤ 1,280 pixels|
|1080P( HD)||0.0382||0.0396||0.0396||0.0224||0.0396||0.0396||Height ≤ 1,080 pixels, and width ≤ 1,920 pixels|
|2K(2K)||0.0775||0.0792||0.0792||0.0448||0.0792||0.0792||Height ≤ 1,440 pixels, and width ≤ 2,560 pixels|
|4K(4K)||0.1550||0.1584||0.1584||0.0896||0.1584||0.1584||Height ≤ 2,160 pixels, and width ≤ 3,840 pixels|
Pricing of audio-only transcoding
|Item||Chinese mainland (USD/min)||Singapore (USD/min)||Japan (USD/min)||Germany (USD/min)||India (USD/min)||Indonesia (USD/min)|
|Billing policy||You are charged based on the transcoding standard, transcoding resolution, and total
length of transcoded streams. Each transcoded stream is billed separately based on
the resolution, regardless of the number of concurrent viewers who are playing the
Note Unit of stream length: minutes. If the stream length is a decimal, the decimal is rounded up to the nearest integer.
|Billing cycle||You are charged on a daily basis. The bills of a day are generated within 1 hour after 00:00 on the following day. The time when bills are generated is determined by the system. Fees are automatically deducted from your Alibaba Cloud account after bills are generated. If a deductible resource plan is available, the system preferentially uses the resource plan to offset fees.|
|Billing method||You are charged based on the pay-as-you-go or subscription billing method.|
- Scenario: On June 17, you perform 2K Narrowband HD™ transcoding on three streams in the live center of the Singapore region. The length of each stream is 30 minutes.
- Pricing: As shown in the Narrowband HD™ transcoding pricing table, the unit price of Narrowband HD™ transcoding for a stream whose resolution ranges from 1080p to 2K is USD 0.0792 per minute in the Singapore region.
- Fees of Narrowband HD™ transcoding: USD 0.0792 × 30 minutes × 3 streams = USD 7.128
The transcoding fees on June 17 are USD 7.128. The bill is generated after 00:00 on June 18. After the bill is generated, the fees are automatically deducted from your Alibaba Cloud account.