After you add a domain name in the ApsaraVideo VOD console, ApsaraVideo VOD assigns a canonical name (CNAME) to the domain name. You must add a CNAME record to map the domain name to the CNAME. This way, ApsaraVideo VOD forwards requests destined for the domain name to CDN nodes. This topic describes how to configure a CNAME record on DNSPod.
- Obtain the CNAME assigned to the domain name for CDN.
- Log on to the ApsaraVideo VOD console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Domain Names page, move the pointer over the View icon, and copy the CNAME
of the domain name for CDN.
- Add a CNAME record.
- Log on to the DNS console of DNSPod.
- On the DNS settings page of the domain name, click Add Record.
- Set the required parameters.Note Each domain name for CDN has one CNAME. The CNAME of a primary domain name cannot be used by a second-level domain name. If you need to accelerate a second-level domain name, you must add the domain name to Alibaba Cloud CDN and resolve it to the corresponding CNAME. You can also add a wildcard domain name to Alibaba Cloud CDN because the CNAME of a wildcard domain name can be used by a second-level domain name.
- Type: Select
CNAME - Canonical namefrom the drop-down list.
- Host: Enter the prefix of the domain name for CDN.
Domain name for CDN Host
- ISP Line: Use the default value.
- Value: Enter the CNAME assigned to the domain name for CDN.
- TTL: TTL stands for Time To Live. It limits the lifespan or lifetime of data in a computer or network. Use the default value.
- Type: Select
- Click Save.After the CNAME record takes effect, CDN acceleration is automatically enabled for the domain name.Note
- After you add a CNAME record, it immediately takes effect. After you modify a CNAME record, the modifications take effect within 72 hours.
- After you add a CNAME record, the system updates the status in the console about 10 minutes later. During the update, you may be prompted to add a CNAME record. Ignore this message.
- Check whether the CNAME record has taken effect.
- Open the Command Prompt in Windows.
- Run the ping command to ping the domain name for CDN. If the CNAME in the output matches the CNAME
assigned to the domain name for CDN in the Alibaba Cloud CDN console, the CDN service
is enabled for the domain name.