You can release idle pay-as-you-go instances to save resources.
- Only instances in the Running state can be released.
After an instance is released, it cannot be restored. Proceed with caution. We recommend that you create a backup for the instance and download the backup before you release the instance. For more information, see Backup and restoration solutions.
- Child instances that belong to one or more distributed instances must be released on the Global Distributed Cache tab of the Global Distributed Cache page in the ApsaraDB for Redis console. For more information, see Release a distributed instance.
- ApsaraDB for Redis moves a released instance to the recycle bin if the instance meets specific requirements. For more information, see Manage instances in the recycle bin.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the instance is deployed. Then, find the instance and click the instance ID.
- Find the instance that you want to release and choose Actions column. in the
- In the Release Instance panel, click OK.
Related API operations
|DeleteInstance||Releases a pay-as-you-go ApsaraDB for Redis instance.
Note You cannot release a subscription ApsaraDB for Redis instance by calling an API operation.