This topic describes how to set the maintenance window of an ApsaraDB RDS instance. To ensure database stability, the backend system performs maintenance operations on your RDS instance every day during the maintenance window you specify. The default maintenance window spans from 02:00 to 06:00 UTC+8. We recommend that you set the maintenance window to off-peak hours to avoid interference to your business.
- Before the backend system starts maintenance, ApsaraDB for RDS sends notification emails to the contacts listed in your Alibaba Cloud account.
- To ensure smooth maintenance, your RDS instance enters the Instance Maintaining state prior to the maintenance window. While your RDS instance stays in Instance Maintaining state, database access and query operations such as performance monitoring are still available. However, apart from account and database management and IP address whitelist configuration, all other modify operations such as upgrade, downgrade, and restart are temporarily unavailable.
- During the maintenance window, one or two transient disconnections may occur. Make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to your RDS instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target RDS instance. Then, click its ID, or click Manage in the Actions column.
- In the Configuration Information section of the Basic Information page, click Configure next to Maintenance Window.
- Select a maintenance window and click Save.
Note The maintenance window is in UTC+8.
|Modify the maintenance time||Changes the maintenance window of an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|