This topic describes how to manually back up an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
A free quota on backup storage is provided for your RDS instance. If the total size of the backup files of your RDS instance does not exceed the free quota, no backup fees are generated. If the total size exceeds the free quota, you are charged for the excess backup storage that you use. The backup storage starts to generate fees on September 14, 2022 in some regions and on September 20, 2022 in other regions. For more information about the free quota and billing rules, see Backup storage pricing of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- Access RDS Instances, select a region at the top, and then click the ID of the target RDS instance.
- In the upper-right corner of the Basic Information page, click Back Up Instance.
- Back up all databases or only the specified databases of your RDS instance.
Note The data of physical backup files and snapshot backup files can be restored to a new RDS instance. The data of logical backup files cannot be restored to a new RDS instance.
Storage type Backup of all databases Backup of specified databases Local SSD Use one of the following backup methods:
- Select Physical Backup from the Select Backup Mode drop-down list. The speeds of physical backup and restoration are faster than the speeds of logical backup and restoration.
- Select Logical Backup from the Select Backup Mode drop-down list. Then, set the Backup Policy parameter to Instance Backup.
Select Logical Backup from the Select Backup Mode drop-down list. Then, set the Backup Policy parameter to Database/Table Backup. Standard SSD or enhanced SSD (ESSD) Snapshot backup Not supported.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click the Task Progress icon to view the progress of the backup task. Wait until the backup task is complete.
Note After the backup task is complete, you can download the backup file on the Backup and Restoration page. For more information, see Download the backup files of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
|CreateBackup||Creates a backup file for an instance.|