This topic describes the frequently asked questions about the Kibana console password.
What is a Kibana console password?
Notice The elastic account is the root account in Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch. It has full permissions to manage clusters. You must keep the password of this account confidential.
When you use one of the following methods to connect to your Elasticsearch instance, you must specify the password of the Kibana console in
elastic/your_passwordfor permission verification.
- Use the API or SDK to connect to the Elasticsearch instance.
- Use Kibana to connect to the Elasticsearch instance.
What is the better way to manage permissions in the Kibana console of Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch?
- We recommend that you create user accounts and assign roles in the Kibana console of your Elasticsearch instance instead of using the elastic account to manage the instance. The elastic account has the root permission. For more information about how to create a user account in Kibana, see Kibana.
- We recommend that you do not use the elastic account in searches. The elastic account has the root permission. If the password of the elastic account is disclosed, the security of your cluster may be threatened.
- Use caution when you change the password of the elastic account. The elastic account has the root permission. If you use the elastic account to manage your workloads, after you change the password of your Elasticsearch instance, your requests are rejected due to authentication failures and your workloads are interrupted.