This topic describes how to create and delete a dashboard.
- Logs are collected.
- Indexes are enabled and set.
Create a dashboard
- Log on to the Log Service console and click the project name.
- On the Logstores page, click Search in the LogSearch column.
- In the search box, enter a query and analysis statement, and click Search & Analysis.
- Click Properties to set the chart properties.
- Optional. Specify a placeholder variable.
NoteIf you specify a placeholder variable for the query statement, and a drill-down event hat results in a jump to the current dashboard is triggered by any other chart, the system performs the following:
- It replaces the placeholder variable of the query statement with the chart value that triggered the drill-down event.
- It refreshes the current dashboard and updates with the new query statement.
To specify a placeholder variable, follow these steps:
- Click the Data Source tab, and select part of the query statement.
- Click Generate Variable.
- Set Variable Config.
Configuration Description Variable Name Placeholder variable name. If the placeholder variable name is the same as the variable specified in the chart that triggered the drill-down event, the placeholder variable will be replaced with the chart value. Default Value Default value of the placeholder variable in the current dashboard. Result Query statement that has the specified variable.
- Optional. Set a drill-down analysis.
To set a drill-down analysis, follow these steps:
- Click the Interactive Behavior tab.
- Select an Event Action.
- Set parameters related to the selected event action.
- Click Add to New Dashboard.
- Set the dashboard and chart names.
Configuration Description Operation
Available actions are:
- Add to Existing Dashboard: add the chart to an existing dashboard.
- Create Dashboard: create a new dashboard and then add the chart to the new dashboard.
Dashboards Select an existing dashboard name.Note This parameter is required only when you set the Operation parameter as Add to Existing Dashboard. Dashboard Name Enter a dashboard name.Note This parameter is required only when you set the Operation parameter as Create Dashboard. Chart Name Enter a chart name. The chart name is displayed as the chart title in the dashboard.
- Click OK.
You can add up to fifty analysis charts to a dashboard.
The following figure shows a dashboard that contains multiple analysis charts.
Delete a dashboard
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Logstores page, click Dashboard.
- Click Delete on the right of the target dashboard.
- In the displayed dialog box, click Confirm.