This topic describes how to create and delete a dashboard in a Logstore. In the Log Service console, you can enter a query statement and save the relevant chart to a dashboard. Each dashboard can display up to 50 charts that support multiple formats and custom settings.
- Log data is collected in the Logstore.
- The index of the Logstore is enabled and configured. For more information, see Enable and configure the index feature for a Logstore.
Create a dashboard
- Log on to the Log Service console, and then click the target project name
- Click the icon next to the name of the Logstore, and then select Search & Analysis.
- Enter a query statement in the search box, and then click Search & Analytics.
- On the Graph tab that appears, set the chart properties on the Properties tab.
- Optional. Specify a placeholder variable.
For example, a drill-down event that results in a redirection to the current dashboard is triggered by another chart. If you specify a placeholder variable for the query statement, the placeholder variable will be replaced with the chart value that triggers the drill-down event. At the same time, the current dashboard will be refreshed and updated by the new query statement.
For more information, see Configure drill-down analysis for a chart of a Logstore.
- Click the Data Source tab, and then select part of the query statement in the Query field.
- Click Generate Variable to generate a placeholder variable.
- Set the parameters in the Variable Config section.
Parameter Description Variable Name The name of the placeholder variable. If the name of the placeholder variable is the same as the variable specified in the chart that triggers the drill-down event, the placeholder variable will be replaced with the chart value. Default Value The default value of the placeholder variable in the current dashboard. Result The query statement that contains the specified variable.
- Optional. Configure drill-down analysis. For more information, see Configure drill-down analysis for a chart of a Logstore.
After you configure drill-down analysis, you can click the chart in the dashboard for a deeper analysis. For example, you can be redirected to another dashboard or a saved search. For more information, see Configure drill-down analysis for a chart of a Logstore.
- Click the Interactive Behavior tab.
- Select an Event Action.
- Set the parameters of the selected event action.
- Click Add to New Dashboard and specify the dashboard name and chart name.
Parameter Description Operation
- Add to Existing Dashboard: Add the chart to an existing dashboard.
- Create Dashboard: Create a dashboard and then add the chart to the dashboard.
Dashboards Select an existing dashboard name.Note This parameter is required only when you set the Operation parameter to Add to Existing Dashboard. Dashboard Name Enter a dashboard name.Note This parameter is required only when you set the Operation parameter to Create Dashboard. Chart Name Enter a chart name. The chart name is displayed as the chart title in the dashboard.
- Click OK.
You can add up to 50 analysis charts to the dashboard.
The following figure shows a dashboard that contains multiple analysis charts.
Delete a dashboard
- Log on to the Log Service console, and then click the target project name.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click the Dashboard icon.
- Click the icon next to the dashboard that you want to delete, and then select Delete.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Confirm.