After you prepare the required account, you must activate MaxCompute before you can use MaxCompute. This topic describes how to activate MaxCompute.
- When you use MaxCompute for the first time, we recommend that you activate MaxCompute by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- If you want to log on to the official Alibaba Cloud website and create a MaxCompute project by using a RAM user, make sure that your RAM user is valid and has been granted the required permissions. For more information, see Create RAM users. You can activate MaxCompute when these conditions are met.
- Log on to the official Alibaba Cloud website.
- Go to the product page of Alibaba Cloud MaxCompute and click Buy Now.
- Select a billing method and click Buy Now.
- MaxCompute supports both the subscription and pay-as-you-go billing methods. Select a billing method based on your business requirements. For more information, see Computing pricing.
- When you select a region, you must consider the regions where other related Alibaba Cloud services reside. For example, you can select the region where your ECS instances are deployed or your data is stored.
- Confirm the order details and click Activate Now.
What to do next
- Activate DataWorks. The MaxCompute console is integrated into the DataWorks console. Before you create a MaxCompute project, you must activate DataWorks and make sure that the region where you activate DataWorks in the same region as MaxCompute.
- Create a project in the DataWorks console. For more information, see Create a project.