If you want to use MaxCompute and create a project in a visualized manner in DataWorks, you must activate MaxCompute and DataWorks. This topic describes how to activate MaxCompute and DataWorks.
- An Alibaba Cloud account is created.
If you use MaxCompute for the first time, we recommend that you activate MaxCompute by using your Alibaba Cloud account. For more information about how to create an Alibaba Cloud account, see Create an Alibaba Cloud account.
- A Resource Access Management (RAM) user is created.
If you need to activate MaxCompute as a RAM user, make sure that you have obtained the RAM user and granted the AliyunBSSOrderAccess permission to the RAM user. For more information about how to create or obtain RAM user information, see Prepare a RAM user.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud official website.
- Go to the product page of Alibaba Cloud MaxCompute and click Buy Now.
- On the buy page, select Product Type and Region, and click Buy Now. Product Type indicates the billing method of MaxCompute.
- You can select the subscription or pay-as-you-go billing method based on your business volume. For more information about the billing methods, see Subscription and Pay-as-you-go.
- When you specify regions, you must consider the regions of other Alibaba Cloud services that work together with MaxCompute. For example, you must consider the region where your Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance resides and the region where the data resides.
- On the Confirm Order page, confirm that the settings are correct, read and select Terms of Service, and then click Activate Now to activate MaxCompute.
- Activate DataWorks and make sure that DataWorks is deployed in the same region as MaxCompute.
For more information about how to activate DataWorks, see DataWorks purchase guide.
What to do next
- After you activate MaxCompute, you can directly go to the default MaxCompute project in the MaxCompute console. On the page that appears, click Query editing to execute SQL statements. For more information about query editing operations, see Query editor.
- You can also create a project. For more information about how to create a project, see Create a MaxCompute project.