Elasticsearch is a Lucene-based, distributed, real-time search and analytics engine. It is an open-source product released under the Apache License. Elasticsearch is the mainstream search engine for enterprises. It provides distributed services, allowing you to store, query, and analyze large amounts of datasets in near real time. Elasticsearch is typically used as a basic engine or technology to support complex queries and high-performance applications.
Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch are released in 5.5.3, 6.3.2, 6.7.0, 6.8.0, and 7.4.0 versions. It supports the commercial plug-in X-Pack and targets data analytics and search. Based on open-source Elasticsearch, Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch implements enterprise-grade access control, security monitoring and alerting, and automatic reporting.
X-Pack is a commercial extension of Elasticsearch that bundles security, alerting, monitoring, reporting, and graph capabilities into one easy-to-install package. X-Pack is integrated into Kibana to provide services, such as authorization and authentication, role-based access control, real-time monitoring, visual reporting, and machine learning.
- You need to run an electronic mall that supports commodity retrieval. In this case, you can use Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch to store commodity catalogs and inventory data, and provide commodity retrieval and automatic recommendation services to your customers.
- You need to collect and store transaction data, and generate trend, statistics, summary, and exception analysis reports. In this case, you can use Logstash to collect, aggregate, and parse data. Then, you can store the data in Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch. After the data enters Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch, you can retrieve or aggregate the required data.
- You need to run a price comparison platform to offer the best deals to customers who are most concerned about prices.
- You need to perform complex big data analytics in the report analysis and business intelligence (BI) fields. In this case, you can use the aggregation feature of Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch.
- Distributed real-time file storage. Every field is indexed and searchable.
- A distributed, real-time analytics and search engine.
- X-Pack commercial edition for services, such as enterprise-grade access control and real-time system monitoring.
- Scalable to hundreds of servers for processing petabytes of structured and unstructured data.
- An IK analyzer plug-in.
- 24/7 technical support from open-source Elastic.
The built-in plug-ins provided by Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch include but are not limited to the following items:
- IK Analyzer: an open-source Chinese tokenizer kit based on Java. It is a popular plug-in for language analysis in open-source communities.
- Pinyin Analyzer: a Pinyin tokenizer.
- Smart Chinese Analysis: the default Lucene Chinese tokenizer.
- ICU Analysis: a Lucene ICU tokenizer. ICU is a set of stable, tested, powerful, easy-to-use libraries, providing Unicode support for applications on different platforms.
- Mapper Attachments Type: an attachment plug-in, using Apache Tika to parse content in different types of files into strings.