Open-source Elasticsearch is a Lucene-based, distributed, real-time search and analytics engine. It is a product released under the Apache License. Elasticsearch is the mainstream search engine for enterprises. It provides distributed services, allowing you to store, query, and analyze large amounts of datasets in near real time. Elasticsearch is typically used as a basic engine or technology to support complex queries and high-performance applications.
Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch is compatible with open-source Elasticsearch features, such as Security, Machine Learning, Graph, and Application Performance Management (APM). Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch are released in 5.5.3, 6.3.2, 6.7.0, 6.8.0, and 7.4.0 versions. It supports the commercial plug-in X-Pack and targets scenarios such as data analytics and search. Based on open-source Elasticsearch, Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch implements enterprise-grade access control, security monitoring and alerting, and automated reporting.
X-Pack is a commercial extension of Elasticsearch that bundles security, alerting, monitoring, reporting, and graph capabilities into one easy-to-install package. X-Pack is integrated into Kibana to provide services, such as authorization and authentication, role-based access control, real-time monitoring, visual reporting, and machine learning.
- Distributed real-time file storage. Every field is searchable and can be indexed.
- A distributed, real-time analytics and search engine.
- X-Pack commercial edition for services, such as enterprise-grade access control and real-time system monitoring.
- Scalable to hundreds of servers for processing petabytes of structured and unstructured data.
- Support for the IK analysis plug-in.
- 24/7 technical support from open-source Elastic.
The built-in plug-ins provided by Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch include but are not limited to the following items:
- IK Analysis: an open-source Chinese tokenizer kit based on Java. It is a popular plug-in for language analysis in open-source communities.
- Pinyin Analysis: a Pinyin tokenizer.
- Smart Chinese Analysis: the default Lucene Chinese tokenizer.
- ICU Analysis: a Lucene ICU tokenizer. ICU is a set of stable, tested, powerful, and easy-to-use libraries, providing Unicode support for applications on different platforms.
- Mapper Attachments Type: an attachment plug-in, using Apache Tika to parse content in different types of files into strings.