If your domain name information such as the registrant email address or mobile phone number changes, or if the domain name administrator changes, you must modify the domain name information in a timely manner to ensure information accuracy. This topic describes how to modify the domain name information.
Information of a domain name includes information of the registrant, administrator, billing contact, and technical contact. For more information about how to change the registrant, see Transfer domain name ownership. Follow the instructions in this topic to modify registrant information such as the address, email address, and mobile phone number.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Domains console.
- On the Domain Names page, find the target domain name and click Manage in the Action column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Info Modification.
- Click the Registrant Info Modification, Admin Contact Modification, Billing Contact Modification, or Tech Contact Modification tab as required.Note If you modify the settings on the Registrant Information tab, the system will send an email to the email addresses of both the original and new registrants.
- Enter all the required information and modify the domain name information as prompted.
Modify the registration information of internationalized domain namesScenario: The information of an internationalized domain name changes or is incorrect.
Based on the provisions of The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and the domain name registration agreement, Alibaba Cloud, as a domain name registration service provider, will send an email about the update of registration information to the email address of the domain name registrant. Check the domain name information in a timely manner. If you find that the domain name information has changed or is incorrect, update the domain name information as soon as possible to ensure that your domain name information is correct.Impact of not updating domain name information promptly
If your domain name information is incorrect and is not updated in a timely manner, you may not receive important domain name notifications pertaining to security threats. Based on the provisions on domain name registration, if you provide false or invalid registration information or do not update your registration information in a timely manner, your domain name may be deleted.Prerequisites for modifying registration information about internationalized domain names
The domain name is in the domain name list in the Alibaba Cloud Domains console.Modification and instructions
You can modify the registration information of an internationalized domain name, including the information of the registrant, administrator, billing contact, and technical contact. For more information about how to modify the registration information of an internationalized domain name, see Modify domain name information.