MaxCompute takes Project as the charged unit. You will be charged according to the three aspects: the usage of storage, computing resource and data download respectively.You pay for compute and storage resources by the day with no long-term commitments
The data which is stored in MaxCompute, including Table and Resource, will be billed according to the capacity size. You pay for storage resources by the day, but MaxCompute samples users’ storage usage by hour. The specific billing formula is shown as follows:
|First 100GB||Next 924GB||Next 9TB||Next 90TB||Next 900TB||Over 1024TB|
|0.0028 USD/GB/day||0.0014 USD/GB/day||0.0013 USD/GB/day||0.0011 USD/GB/day||0.0009 USD/GB/day||please contact us|
If you store 50 TB data in MaxCompute, you will be charged:
100 GB * 0.0028 USD/GB/day
+ 900 GB * 0.0014 USD/GB/day
+ 9216 GB * 0.0013 USD/GB/day
+ 40960 GB * 0.0011 USD/GB/day
- As MaxCompute will compress and store the user data, the charge is based on the capacity size of the data after compressed. So in most case, the capacity size is different from the data file size that the user counted himself. The compression ratio is generally about 5 times.
- The bill invoicing time is usually within several hours after the current billing cycle ends. The longest time is no more than 6 hours. After the bill is generated, the fee will be deducted automatically from your balance.
MaxCompute support two kinds of charging methods: one is post-paid by I/O cost meaning each task is measured according to the input size, the other is prepayment by CU cost which is only supported on Aliyun BigData Platform. Now, MaxCompute has support SQL, UDF, MapReduce, Graph and Machine Learning task, but only SQL task is charged by MaxCompute.
Prepayment by CU Cost is only supported on Aliyun Bigdata Platform. Users can pay for the entire reserved resources term (one or several months) with one upfront payment. We call this resources term CU(Compute Unit). One CU means 1 core CPU and 4 GB memory.
|1 CU||4 GB||1 CPU||22 USD/month|
Prepayment by CU cost means every SQL Task is charged according to
SQLComplexity. After the SQL task is finished, MaxCompute sends its metering information to billing system and charge in the next day.The corresponding charging formula of SQL computing task is shown as follows:
Computing Cost of One SQL = DataInputSize * SQLComplexity * SQL Price
The price is shown as follows:
|SQL Price||0.0438 USD/GB|
- DataInputSize: it refers to the data size that a SQL statement actually scans. Most of the SQL statements have partition filtering and column pruning, so this value is generally less than the source table data size:
- Column pruning: for example, the submitted SQL is “select f1,f2,f3 from t1;”. Only the data size of three columns (f1, f2 and f3) in t1 will be charged.
- Partition filtering: for example, a SQL statement includes “where ds>”20130101”. “ds” is a partition column. Then the data size to be charged only includes the read partition, not including the data of other partitions.
- SQL Complexity: first count the keywords in SQL statement and then converted to SQL complexity. The details are shown as follows:
- SQL Keyword Number = Join Number + Group By Number + Order By Number + Distinct Number + Window Function Number + max(insert into Number -1, 1)
- SQL complexity calculation:
- If SQL Keyword Number is less than or equal to 3, the complexity is 1.
- If SQL Keyword Number is less than or equal to 6, the complexity is 1.5.
- If SQL Keyword Number is less than or equal to 19, the complexity is 2.
- If SQL Keyword Number is greater than or equal to 20, the complexity is 4.
For example, the input SQL statement is:
SELECT DISTINCT total1 FROM
(SELECT id1, COUNT(f1) AS total1 FROM in1 GROUP BY id1) tmp1
ORDER BY total1 DESC LIMIT 100;
There are 4 keywords in this SQL ( one DISTINCT, one COUNT, one GROUP BY, one ORDER), so the SQL complexity is 1.5. If the data volume of table “in1” is 1.7GB, then the actual consumption is:
1.7 * 1.5 * 0.0438 = 0.11 USD
- The bill invoicing time is usually before 06:00 the next day. After the computing task ends successfully, the system will count the data size and SQL complexity. After the bill is generated, the fee will be deducted from your balance automatically. If the SQL task is unsuccessful, deduction will not happen.
- Similarly to storage, SQL computing also charges the data size after compressed.
User can download data from extranet through MaxCompute Tunnel. You will be billed according to the downloaded data size. The charging formula is shown as follows:
Download Cost from Extranet/time = Downloaded Data Volume * Download Price
The price detail:
|Download Cost from Extranet (USD/GB）||0.1166 USD|
- Download data Volume: it refer to the size of a HTTP body for one download request. The HTTP body which carryies data uses protobuffer encoding, so it is generally smaller than the original data capacity, but greater than the data stored in MaxCompute after compressed.
- You will not be charged if you download data through extranet, such as downloading data to the disk of ECS.
- To upload data in MaxCompute, you will not be charged, whether from intranet or extranet.
- The system will judge whether the user’s account balance is sufficient to pay its MaxCompute service of 3 billing cycles, based on the average of the latest 24 hours bills for MaxCompute service. If the account balance is not sufficient, the system will send email/SMS to remind users.
- If the user has opened balance early warning, he will receive email/SMS once the account balance is less than the warnning value set by user.
- If the user’s available balance is less than the bill amount of last billing cycle, then his MaxCompute service will be in arrears status. You must recharge within 24 hours after arrears so that your service will not subject to effect. If you are in arrears for more than 24 hours, Alibaba Cloud will suspend your MaxCompute service and you need to repay all delinquent bills before you continue to use MaxCompute. System will send SMS/e-mail to remind you to renew within 24 hours after arrears as soon as possible.
- After MaxCompute were suspended, all MaxCompute projects will be released after retained for 14 days, in which the data will be lost and unrecoverable. After you recharge within 14 days, the service will be started automatically and can continue to be used. If you are in arrears for more than 14 days, you will be regarded to give up all of the MaxCompute projects. SMS / email alerts in 1 days before the release of the project. You will be reminded in one day before the projects are released.