EIP supports Pay-As-You-Go billing, a post payment method. EIP fees are collected according to the actual network traffic and are billed hourly.
Total cost = instance retention fee + network traffic fee.
Cost = price * retention time
Instance retention fee is billed on hourly-basis, fee is deducted in real time. Partial hours are billed as full hours. Each EIP address is charged independently.
Cost = price * billing traffic
Charged traffic: The cumulative value of the EIP address's outbound traffic in an hour. Outbound traffic refers to data transferred from the Alibaba Cloud data center to the Internet, the reverse is inbound traffic.
Traffic fee is billed on hourly-basis, fee is deducted in real time. Each EIP address is charged independently.
Note: Modifying the bandwidth limitation does not affect the unit price. Although, we recommend setting the bandwidth based on your actual needs to avoid generating excess billing traffic due to malicious access.
The following table lists the price of EIP addresses in different regions.
|Region||Traffic Fee (USD/GB/Hour)||Retention Fee (USD/Hour)|
|East China 1 (Hangzhou)/North China 2 (Beijing) / South China 1 (Shenzhen) / East China 2 (Shanghai)||0.125||0.003|
|Asia Pacific NE 1 (Japan)||0.12||0.005|
|Central Europe 1 (Frankfurt)||0.07||0.006|
|Middle East 1 (Dubai)||0.447||0.009|
|US East 1/US West 1||0.078||0.005|
Note: The price may have changed, refer to the EIP console for current prices.
Assume that you purchased an EIP address in the East China 1 region at 9:30 and set the bandwidth limit to 10 Mbit/s.
Then, you immediately bound this EIP address to an ECS instance and started your business.
You made two bandwidth changes that day:
- At 17:00, the bandwidth was changed from 10 Mbit/s to 20 Mbit/s.
- At 23:00, the bandwidth was changed from 20 Mbit/s to 15 Mbit/s.
According to the pricing model, the total cost of this EIP address on that day is $7.5465 USD (retention fee + traffic fee).
- Retention fee
- The EIP address used a total of 14.5 hours, billing time is taken as 15 hours.
- The retention fee in the East China 1 region is $0.0031 USD per hour.
- The total retention fee of the EIP address is 0.0031 * 15 = $0.0465 USD.
- Traffic fee
- The total traffic consumed by the EIP address that day is 60 GBs.
- The traffic fee in the East China 1 region is $0.125 USD per GB.
- The total traffic fee is 0.125 * 60 = $7.5 USD.