EIP address supports Pay-As-You-Go billing, a post payment method. EIP address fees are collected according to the actual network traffic and are billed hourly.
Total cost = EIP address retention fee + network traffic fee. Each EIP address is billed in this way independently.
EIP address retention fee
Cost = price * retention time
EIP address retention fee is billed on an hourly basis and is deducted in real time. Partial hours are billed as full hours. Each EIP address is charged independently.
Cost = price * charged traffic
Charged traffic: The cumulative value of the EIP address's outbound traffic in an hour. Outbound traffic refers to data transmitted from the Alibaba Cloud data center to the Internet, and the reverse is inbound traffic.
Traffic fee is billed on an hourly basis and is deducted in real time. Each EIP address is charged independently.
Note: Modifying the bandwidth limitation does not affect the unit price. Even so, we recommend setting the bandwidth based on your actual needs to avoid generating excessive charged traffic due to malicious access.
The following table lists the price of EIP addresses in different regions.
|Region||Traffic Fee (USD/GB/Hour)||Retention Fee (USD/Hour)|
|East China 1 (Hangzhou) /East China 2 (Shanghai) /North China 2 (Beijing) / South China 1 (Shenzhen)||0.125||0.0031|
|Asia Pacific NE (Singapore)||0.1172||0.0063|
|Asia Pacific NE (Japan)||0.1200||0.0047|
|US East (Virginia)||0.0781||0.0047|
|US West (Silicon Valley)||0.0781||0.0047|
|Central Europe 1 (Frankfurt)||0.07||0.006|
|Middle East 1 (Dubai)||0.299||0.009|
Note: The prices may have changed. See the EIP address console for current prices.
Assume that you purchased an EIP address in the East China 1 region at 9:30 am and set the bandwidth limitation to 10 Mbit/s.
Then you immediately bound this EIP address to an ECS instance and started services generating traffic.
You changed bandwidth twice that day:
- At 17:00, the bandwidth was changed from 10 Mbit/s to 20 Mbit/s.
- At 23:00, the bandwidth was changed from 20 Mbit/s to 15 Mbit/s.
According to the pricing model, the total cost of this EIP address on that day is USD 7.5465(EIP address retention fee + traffic fee).
EIP address retention fee
- The EIP address has been used for a total of 14.5 hours, so the billing time is taken as 15 hours.
- The EIP address retention fee in the East China 1 region is USD 0.0031 per hour.
- The total retention fee for the EIP address is 0.0031 * 15 = USD 0.0465.
- The total traffic consumed by the EIP address that day is 60 GBs.
- The traffic fee in the East China 1 region is USD 0.125 per GB.
- The total traffic fee is 0.125 * 60 = USD 7.5.