Apsara File Storage NAS provides file storage services for compute nodes, such as Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances, Elastic High Performance Computing (E-HPC) clusters, and Container Service clusters.
Apsara File Storage NAS is a distributed file system that provides shared access, scalability, high availability, and high performance. Dependent on POXIS-based file APIs, Apsara File Storage NAS provides several benefits, such as compatibility with different operating systems, shared access, data consistency, and exclusive locks.
With the integration between Apsara File Storage NAS and ECS, Apsara File Storage NAS provides you with scalable data storage and allows simultaneous access to a file system from multiple ECS instances. Storage capacity automatically scales up or down when you add or remove files. Apsara File Storage NAS provides common data sources for workloads and applications that are running on multiple ECS instances or servers.
Apsara File Storage NAS provides a wide variety of scenarios. For more information, see Scenarios.
Apsara File Storage NAS provides multiple storage types, such as NAS Capacity, NAS Performance, and NAS Extreme. For more information, see Storage types.
Apsara File Storage NAS provides additional benefits, including low costs, security, usability, reliability, and high performance.
- Low costs
- An Apsara File Storage NAS file system can be mounted on multiple compute nodes at the same time while still allowing access from these nodes. This reduces a large number of data copies and synchronization costs.
- The performance of an Apsara File Storage NAS file system increases with expanding storage capacity. This reduces the need for investment in high-end file storage devices, and you can reduce a large number of related hardware costs.
- With Apsara File Storage NAS, you only pay for the size of storage space that you use. In addition, no minimum consumption or extra configuration costs exist. For more information, see Pricing.
- With high reliability, Apsara File Storage NAS reduces data security risks and maintenance costs.
- Ease of use
You can easily create file systems without the extra need to deploy and maintain these file systems.
Apsara File Storage NAS provides you with access control based on Resource Access Management (RAM), and access isolation based on Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) networks. With encryption in transit and encryption at rest, Apsara File Storage NAS helps you prevent data interception and tampering.
- High reliability
With data reliability of 99.999999999% (11 nines), Apsara File Storage NAS reduces a large number of data security risks.
- High performance
Apsara File Storage NAS is a distributed file system that provides linear performance increase with capacity expansion and ultra-high performance over traditional data stores.
- Apsara File Storage NAS is compatible with multiple standard protocols, such as NFS and SMB. Compatible with POSIX-based file APIs, Apsara File Storage NAS provides data consistency and exclusive locks.
- You can view the result in real time after the content of a file stored in an Apsara File Storage NAS file system is changed.
|Create file systems||Before using Apsara File Storage NAS, you must create a file system.||Create file systems|
|Manage file systems||You can view the details of a file system or delete a file system.||Manage file systems|
|Add mount targets||You must add a mount target to a file system before mounting the file system.||Add a mount target|
|Manage mount targets||You can enable, disable, or delete a mount target, or modify the permission group of a mount target.||Manage mount targets|
|Mount file systems||You must mount a file system on a compute node before using the file system.||Mount file systems|
|Manage user access||You can authorize a RAM user to manage Apsara File Storage NAS or control user access by using permission groups.|
|Use Apsara File Storage NAS APIs||Apsara File Storage NAS provides an API that allows you to perform various operations on a file system.||API overview|
For more information about Apsara File Storage NAS billing methods, see Apsara File Storage NAS pricing.