This topic describes how to restart an instance. This applies if the number of connections to your instance exceeds the specified threshold or if your instance has performance issues.
If you restart an instance, a transient connection of about 30 seconds occurs. We recommend that you make arrangements for your business workloads before you restart an instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the deployment region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances, and click the database engine of your instances. On the page that appears, find the instance that you want to restart, and click Details in the Actions column.
- On the page that appears in the ApsaraDB RDS console, click Restart Instance in the upper-right corner.
- In the message that appears, click OK.
Related API operations
|Restart an ApsaraDB for RDS instance||Restarts an instance in an ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster.|