This topic describes how to edit a dimension, such as a date or geo dimension.
Go to the dimension edit page
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click the Workspace tab. In the left-side navigation pane, click Datasets.
- On the Datasets page, click the name of the target dataset to go to the dataset edit page.You can also find the target dataset and click the icon in the Actions column.
- In the Dimensions list, find the target field and click the icon next to the field to perform operations on the field as required.In this example, the target field is order_level.
Action Description Edit Edit the name and description of the dimension. Duplicate Dimension Duplicate the dimension. The name of the duplicate dimension ends with Duplicate. Hide When Analyze Hide the dimension as required. Show All Show all dimensions. Delete Delete the dimension. Create Calculated Field (Dimensions) Create a dimension and customize its calculation method. Move To Move the dimension to an existing hierarchy for drilling. Create Hierarchy Add the dimension field to a new hierarchy. Move Up/Move Down Move the dimension. You can drag or right-click the dimension to move it. Convert to Measure Convert the dimension to a measure. Change Dimension Type Switch the dimension type among Date/Time (Source Format),Geo,String, and Number.Note You can duplicate, hide, and delete dimensions at different hierarchy levels.
Edit a date dimension
- You can specify the first day for a week field.
In some countries, Monday is not the first day of a week. You can customize the first day of a week as required.
Edit a geo dimension
If you want to create a map chart, such as a geo bubble map or a colored map, you must convert the type of dimensions that contain geographical information from String to Geo. Otherwise, the map chart fails to display. Such dimensions include area, province, and city.
- On the dataset edit page, find the target dimension from the Dimensions list and click
- For the dimension area, choose .
- For the dimension province, choose .
- For the dimension city, choose .
- Optional:Create a hierarchy.You can create a hierarchy only when a hierarchical structure exists. Follow these steps:
- In the Dimensions list, find the target dimension, click the icon, and select Create Hierarchy.
- In the Create Hierarchy dialog box, customize the hierarchical level name and click OK.
- Find the target field, click the icon next to the field, and choose . Move other dimension fields to this hierarchy. in the same way
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click Refresh Preview. The dataset is refreshed.