Before you use the features of ApsaraDB for MyBase, create an instance in an ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster. The system allocates the instance to a host in the dedicated cluster based on the specified resource allocation policy.
A host is created in the dedicated cluster. For more information, see Add a host.
For more information about ApsaraDB for MyBase, see What is ApsaraDB for MyBase?.
Supported instance editions
- MySQL, Basic Edition (one node)
- MySQL 8.0, High-availability Edition
- MySQL 5.7, Enterprise Edition (three nodes)
- MySQL 5.7, High-availability Edition
- MySQL 5.6, High-availability Edition
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to deploy the
- Find the dedicated cluster in which you want to create an instance, and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances and then click Create Instance.
- Configure the following parameters:
Parameter Description Database Engine The database engine that the instance runs. After you create an instance, you cannot change its database engine.Note The database engine must be the engine that you select for the dedicated cluster where the instance resides. For example, if the dedicated cluster runs MySQL, you can select only MySQL. For more information, see Create a dedicated cluster. Current Version The version of the database engine that the instance runs. Storage Engine MySQL 8.0 supports two storage engines: InnoDB and X-Engine. For more information about X-Engine, see X-Engine overview. Edition The edition of the instance. You can select Basic Edition, High-availability Edition , and Enterprise Edition. Enterprise Edition is available only for the MySQL engine.Note
- To create a Basic Edition instance, ensure that a minimum of one host is created.
- To create a High-availability Edition instance, ensure that a minimum of two hosts are created. To create an Enterprise Edition instance, ensure that a minimum of three hosts are created.
- To create an Enterprise Edition instance, submit a ticket.
Parameter Template The parameter template of the instance. Time Zone The time zone of the instance. Table Name Case Sensitivity Specifies whether table names are case-sensitive. Storage Type The storage type of the instance. You can select Local SSD, high-availability Enhanced SSD (Recommended), and Enterprise Edition.Note
- If you select the enhanced SSD storage type for the host, you can select the ESSD PL2 (Recommended) or ESSD PL3 (Recommended) storage type when you create an instance.
- If you select the enhanced SSD storage type for the host, you can also select the Disk Encryption check box to encrypt data and ensure data security. For more information, see Disk encryption.
- You can create an instance that uses a specific type of storage only if a minimum of two hosts that use the same type of storage are available.
- You can choose Downgrade to change the storage type. or
Storage Capacity The storage capacity of the instance. Instance Type The type of the instance. Deployment Method You can select Default Policy or Specified Host as the deployment method. Billing Method Only the Pay-As-You-Go billing method is available.
- Click Create Now.Note If you set Storage Type to Enhanced SSD (Recommended), complete the payment on the page that appears.
You can scan the following QR code to join a DingTalk group chat. In this group chat, you can obtain technical support from database experts, read success stories, and participate in live streaming sharing from experts.