Before you can use the features of ApsaraDB for MyBase, create hosts in your ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster and create instances on the hosts.
For more information about ApsaraDB for MyBase, see What is ApsaraDB for MyBase?
For more information about host specifications, see Host specifications and pricing.
Requirements for the number of hosts
|Database engine||Edition||Minimum number of hosts|
|SQL Server||Basic Edition||1|
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to deploy the dedicated cluster.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Hosts. On the page that appears, click Add Host.
- On the page that appears, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Product Type Select Dedicated Cluster.Note
- If you purchase a host that uses local SSDs, the fees of the host include the fees of all instances on the host.
- If you purchase a host that uses enhanced SSDs (ESSDs), the fees of the host include only the computing fees. When you create an instance on the host, you must pay for the ESSD storage. We recommend that you select Storage Package to purchase a storage plan. This way, your storage costs can be reduced. You are billed for using storage plans based on the subscription billing method. A storage plan can be used to offset the storage costs of pay-as-you-go instances that are deployed in the same region as the storage plan.
Region The region where you want to deploy the host. The host and the dedicated cluster to which the host belongs must be deployed in the same region. Dedicated Cluster The dedicated cluster in which you want to create the host. Zone The zone where you want to deploy the host. To improve service availability, we recommend that you deploy hosts in different zones. Host Image The OS image of the host. The available OS images vary based on the database engine that you select when you create the dedicated cluster.
- If you use MySQL or PostgreSQL as the database engine of the dedicated cluster, you can select AliLinux as the OS image of the host.
- If you use SQL Server as the database engine of the dedicated cluster, you can select Windows as the OS image of the host.
Storage Type The storage type of the host. You can specify Local SSD or Enhanced SSD (ESSD) as the storage type.Note Different database engines support different types of storage. You can view the storage types that are supported in the ApsaraDB for MyBase console. Host Instance Type The specifications of the host. Storage Capacity The storage capacity of the host that uses the Local SSD storage type.Note This parameter is available only if you set Storage Type to Local SSD. Network Type The ID of the VPC. VSwitch The vSwitch to which the host is connected. If no vSwitches are available, create a vSwitch as prompted. Quantity The number of hosts that you want to create. For more information, see Requirements for the number of hosts. Duration The subscription duration of the host. You can select Auto-renewal. The auto-renewal feature prevents the host from being released after the host expires. If this feature is enabled, the system renews the host based on the specified subscription duration. For example, if you specify a subscription duration of three months, the system renews the host once every three months.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment.
To contact technical support, scan the following QR code to join a DingTalk group. Then, you can obtain technical support from database experts, view success stories, and engage with experts on live streams that are provided on a regular basis.