You can delete snapshots that are no longer needed to free up space or when the maximum number of snapshots has been reached. This topic describes the procedure to delete a snapshot in the ECS console. This procedure applies to both manual snapshots and automatic snapshots.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Select one or more snapshots to be deleted and click Delete at the bottom of the page.
- In the Delete dialog box that appears, select Delete or Force Delete.
Note To delete snapshots that have been used to create cloud disks, you must select Force Delete and then Proceed to Forcibly Delete. After a snapshot is deleted, you cannot perform operations that depend on the status of the original snapshot data, such as the operation to reinitialize a cloud disk.
- Click OK.