You can set a password policy on your Alibaba Cloud account to specify the complexity requirements and expiration period for passwords of your RAM users.
- Log on to the RAM console.
- Choose .
- On the Security Settings tab, click Edit Password Rule and set the relevant parameters.
- Password Length: The password must be 8 to 32 characters in length.
- Required Elements in Password: The required elements include lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numbers, and
Note To protect your Alibaba Cloud account, we recommend that you select a minimum of two of the preceding elements.
- Password Validity Period: The value range is from 0 to 1,095, in days. The default value is 0, indicating that the password never expires.
Note The password validity period changes if you reset the password.
- Action After Password Expires: Specifies whether to allow your RAM users to log on to the console after their passwords
expire. The options are Deny Logon and Allow Logon.
- If you select Deny Logon, your RAM users can log on to the console only after you reset the password by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- If you select Allow Logon, your RAM users can change their passwords after their passwords expire and log on to the console properly.
- Password History Check Policy: You can prevent RAM users from reusing a specified number of previous passwords. The value range is from 0 to 24. The default value is 0, indicating that RAM users are not prevented from reusing previous passwords.
- Password Retry Constraint Policy: The maximum number of permitted logon attempts in an hour. The value range is from
0 to 32. The default value is 0, indicating that the logon attempts are not limited.
Note The number of logon attempts is reset to zero after you change the password.
- Click OK.
Note The settings of the password policy apply to all RAM users under your Alibaba Cloud account.