This topic describes a combination chart, including its overview, application example, and configuration style, as well as how to delete a combination chart.
A combination chart displays data of different magnitudes by using dual y-axis. A combination chart can display multiple chart types, such as line chart, vertical bar chart, and area chart in stacked or 100% stacked mode. For example, you can use a combination chart to display the change trends of different projects.
A combination chart consists of a category axis, a primary value axis, and a secondary value axis.
Application example: compare the order price and profits of multiple years
The following example uses the company_sales_record dataset to describe the application of a combination chart.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Workspace page, click Datasets.
On the Datasets page that appears, find the company_sales_record dataset and click in the Actions column.Note If you are using Quick BI Enterprise Standard, choose Standard or Full Screen as the dashboard type. The following example uses Standard as the dashboard type.
- Click . A combination chart appears in the display area of the dashboard.
- In the Dimensions list, find and add order_date(year) to the Category Axis (Dim.) field. In the Measures list, find and add order_amt to the Primary Measures field and profit_amt to the Secondary Measures field.
Note You can click chart type icon for the primary or secondary value axis to switch the chart type, such as vertical bar chart, line chart, or area chart.You can click the stacked icon to change the stacked mode.
- Click Update. The chart is updated.
- Click the Style tab and configure the basic information, chart type, axes, functionality, and series settings of the chart.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner. In the Save Dashboard dialog box that appears, enter a name for the dashboard and click OK.
Parameters on the Style tab
- In the Basic Information section, specify Show Title and Description, Show Link, and Custom Background.
Note If you want to redirect to a report or an external page, select Show Link and specify Link Text and Link Address.
- In the Chart Type section, specify Show Labels, Direction, and Show Legend.
Note You can select Show Labels to show all measure labels. Labels support Smart Display and Full Display modes. Assume that a chart involves many dimension values and the scroll bar is not shown in the chart. In Smart Display mode, some labels are displayed. In Full Display mode, all labels are displayed.
- In the Axes section, specify Axis Title and Unit. In this example, Show Scale is selected for the x-axis.
- In the Functionality section, configure whether to show the scroll bar.
- In the Series Settings section, specify Alias, Show Boundary Values, and Data Display Format.
Note For more information about parameters on the Style tab, see Configure a chart.
Delete a chart
Perform the following steps to delete a chart:
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of a chart.
- Select Delete.