If you no longer require Security Center to protect a server, you can uninstall the Security Center agent from the server. This topic describes how to uninstall the Security Center agent.
The following list describes the impacts after you uninstall the Security Center agent from a server:
- Security Center no longer protects the server or detects vulnerabilities or baseline risks on the server. Web tamper proofing and anti-ransomware that you enabled continue protecting your server.
- Security Center no longer provides the virus detection and removal feature or the intrusion prevention feature for the server.
- Security Center no longer collects security logs from the server or delivers security logs to a dedicated Log Service Logstore.
- Security Center no longer protects containers or provides the container firewall feature in runtime.
- The alerts that are generated on the server and the Security Center configurations of the server are deleted. If you reinstall the Security Center agent for the server, the historical alerts and quarantined files are not associated with the server.
- If you want to uninstall the Security Center agent on your server as an administrator by using applications, make sure that Malicious Behavior Defense and client protection are disabled in the Security Center console before you uninstall the agent. For more information about how to disable Malicious Behavior Defense and client protection, see Proactive Defense and Client Protection.
- The status of the Security Center agent for the server is Online. If the status is offline, the server cannot respond to the instructions to uninstall the Security Center agent.
Uninstall the Security Center agent in the Security Center console
- Log on to the Security Center console. In the top navigation bar, select the region of the asset that you want to protect. The following regions are supported: China and Outside China.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Agent tab, click the Uninstall tab. On the Uninstall tab, find the server from which you want to uninstall the Security Center agent and click Uninstall in the Operation column.
- In the Note dialog box, select an option for Uninstallation Reason, enter your suggestions, and then click OK. You can enter the server name or IP address to search for the server from which you want to uninstall the agent.The system automatically uninstalls the agent from the specified server. In most cases, the agent status changes from Online to Offline a few minutes after the Security Center agent is uninstalled. The status of the Security Center agent may also require up to 3 hours to change. The historical information about the specified server is retained in the Security Center console. If your server is not deployed on Alibaba Cloud and the Security Center agent is offline, you can unbind your server from Security Center. After you unbind your server, the historical information about the server is automatically deleted, and the quota consumed by the server is released. For more information, see Change the protection status of a server.
Uninstall the Security Center agent by running a command or a script
You can select a method from the following table to uninstall the Security Center agent based on the operating system of your server.
|Windows||Download the uninstallation script and run the script as an administrator.|