This topic provides answers to some frequently asked questions about the System Configuration module of Security Center.
How do I modify the contacts that receive alert notifications?
Security Center sends you alert notifications of vulnerabilities, baseline checks, and alerts by text message, email, or internal message. You can perform the following steps to modify the contacts that receive alert notifications or the information about the contacts.
- Log on to the Message Center console.
- On the Common Settings page, find Security Notice and click Modify in the Contact column. The Contact column displays the specific contacts of each notification type.
- In the Modify Contact dialog box, modify contacts. You must select the contacts to whom alert notifications are sent. Only the contacts that you select can receive the alert notifications. Perform the following operations based on your business requirements:
- To add a contact, click Add Receiver, enter the name and email address of the new contact, and then click OK.
- To modify the information about an existing contact, click Manage Contacts in the upper-right corner of the Common Settings page.
- You must select at least one contact. By default, the contact is the one you specify when you create your Alibaba Cloud account.
- Click Save. The new settings immediately take effect.
Can I receive alert notifications if I did not specify a severity for alerts?
No, if you did not specify a severity in the Severity column for alerts, Security Center does not send you alert notifications. In this case, you can go to the Alerts page to view the alerts that are generated for your assets.