If you no longer require Security Center to protect a server, you can uninstall the Security Center agent from the server. This topic describes how to uninstall the Security Center agent.
Security Center is a security service provided by Alibaba Cloud to protect cloud servers. The following list describes the impacts after you uninstall the Security Center agent from a server:
- Security Center no longer protects the server or detects vulnerabilities or baseline risks on the server.
- Security Center no longer provides the virus detection and removal feature or the intrusion prevention feature for the server.
- Security Center no longer provides the web tamper proofing or anti-ransomware feature for the server.
- Security Center no longer collects security logs from the server or delivers security logs to a dedicated Log Service Logstore.
- Security Center no longer protects containers or provides the container firewall feature in runtime.
- The quota that is consumed by the server is released.
- The alerts that are generated on the server and the Security Center configurations of the server are deleted. If you reinstall the Security Center agent for the server, the historical alerts and quarantined files are not associated with the server.
- The client protection feature is disabled. For more information about how to disable the client protection feature, see Use the client protection feature.
- The agent status for the server is Online. If the agent status for the server is offline, the server cannot respond to the instructions to uninstall the Security Center agent.
Uninstall the Security Center agent in the Security Center console
- Log on to the Security Center console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Settings.
- On the Settings page, click the Agent tab.
- In the upper-right corner of the Agent tab, click Uninstall Client.
- In the Uninstall Agent panel, specify the server from which you want to uninstall the agent. You can enter the server name or IP address to search for the server.
- Click OK. The system automatically uninstalls the agent from the specified server. In most cases, the agent status changes from Enable to Close a few minutes after the agent is uninstalled. The agent status may also require up to 3 hours to change. The historical information about the specified server is retained in the Security Center console. If your server is not deployed on Alibaba Cloud and the Security Center agent is offline, you can unbind your server from the agent. For more information, see Unbind a server not deployed on Alibaba Cloud from Security Center.
Uninstall the Security Center agent by running a command or script
You can select a method from the following table to uninstall the Security Center agent based on the operating system of your server.
|Windows||Download the uninstallation script and run the script as an administrator.|