If you attempt to use an incorrect or invalid password to connect to an ApsaraDB for Redis Community Edition instance that uses a major version of 6.0 or a major version of 5.0 and a minor version of 5.0.8 or later, the "WRONGPASS invalid username-password pair" error message appears.
- If you use the default account whose username is the same as the instance ID, you can enter only the password.
- If you use a custom account, the format of the password must be
<user>:<password>. For example, if the username of the custom account is
testaccountand the password is
Rp829dlwa, you must enter
testaccount:Rp829dlwaas the database password.
- If you use a management tool such as Redis Desktop Manager (RDM) to connect to the
instance, enter a password in the format of
- If you forget your password, you can reset it. For more information, see Change or reset the password.
- If you attempt to use an incorrect password to connect to an ApsaraDB for Redis Community Edition instance that runs the 6.0 major version after password-free access has been enabled for the instance, the "WRONGPASS invalid username-password pair" error is still returned. You must enter the correct password or leave the password field empty.