ApsaraDB for Redis supports manual hot upgrades of proxy nodes. After you upgrade proxy nodes, you can use the latest features. For example, you can view the audit logs of proxy nodes. This topic describes how to upgrade proxy nodes.
View the minor version of proxy nodes
You can view the minor version of proxy nodes in the ApsaraDB for Redis console. For more information, see Update the minor version.
- Proxy nodes support hot upgrades. Proxy nodes of the new version can restore a connection based on the client connection information of proxy nodes of the earlier version. This ensures that upgrades do not interrupt services. However, a millisecond-level latency jitter may occur during the upgrades.
- The hot upgrades are valid only for normal connections. The execution of the block, transaction, Pub, and Sub commands is interrupted during hot upgrades. Make sure that these commands support the reconnection mechanism.
- If a Redis client uses a private endpoint to connect to the ApsaraDB for Redis instance, no commands are affected by a proxy upgrade.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the instance that you want to manage resides. Then, find the instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Service Availability.
- In the Proxy Servers section, click Upgrade Proxy. Note All proxy nodes are upgraded at the same time. You cannot separately upgrade specified proxy nodes.
- In the panel that appears, select the time when you want the upgrade to take effect.
- Immediate: immediately upgrades proxy nodes.
- Maintenance Window: upgrades proxy nodes within the specified maintenance window. For more information about how to modify the maintenance window of an instance, see Set a maintenance window.
- Click OK.